Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanW441 View Post
    Hi I'm Susan and I'd like to play Jane in your upcoming film Snow.

My resume is attached.

Thank you, Susan White
    Hi there Susan, I just sent you an email. Thank you.
    v

2. Collapse Details
    Time! Talk about cutting it close! I just finished my film. I haven't been to sleep yet. I still have to upload it and I have to go to work in 3 hours. This is the life.
    v

3. Collapse Details
    A very nice looking film. You had some really dramatic lighting that really added to the mood. I have to say that the story left me a little cold. I had to watch it twice to really get what was going on. Although most of the sound was good, I didn't get several of the actress's lines the first time through. None of the characters were very likeable, but that's probably what you were going for. The scene in the hallway with "Santa" was strange - the sound and picture were not up to the quality of the rest of the piece.

A bold choice for a Christmas-theamed fest. Not my kind of a story, but you did a great job visually and it took guts to tackle the subject matter. Good work.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah I am with taylormade. Overall there isnt a lot to say about it, you seemed to have done what you set out to do so thats good! But as a viewer I guess I wasnt super drawn in. *shrugs*
    Also think a little bit of color correction could have done it some good as well. Some of the shots seemed a little too orange/red. And as a rule, red as a overall color and not as an accent is something to avoid when using digital cameras. It tends to budge out without color correction and just looks very "video" if you know what I mean. Not that I am saying yours looked like video, but in general watch out for the red tones. If you want, crank down red tone ON camera, it actually looks better if you do that then in post. Plus you dont have to worry about color correction.
    Anyway thanks for sharing! :}

5. Collapse Details
    g
    v

6. Collapse Details
    Nice work creating something edgy with a Christmas tone. I agree with taylormade. I was a little confused the first viewing. But that can make it fun to watch again. Great work getting in a solid entry. Happy New Year!

7. Collapse Details
    Spoiler-y review (you know the drill by now):

What I liked: I liked that you kept the dramatic lighting through almost all of it. Worked well with this. Your actors seemed legit for the most part.

What I didn't like as much: This short missed the mark with me. That's never easy to hear, so I'll elaborate a little more. I didn't get it. I understand there's a guy named Jack Frost that Snow kills, and some weird Pimp that's named Santa. Other than that, I'm lost. Why did Snow kill Frost? Why is Poinsettia so heartless? How was Frost delivered to Snow if he's in the background of the two others having sex? Why is the prostitute having in-house sex? Why would a pimp allow a whore to kill another whore? Wouldn't that eliminate cash flow? What happened to that toilet? After watching a second time, it's still lost to me. Other than that, on the technical side, I would say watch your exposure. I know you were going for a dark look, but it was pretty grainy throughout. There are also some weird cuts throughout. Hold the shot and let it speak for itself.

You definitely had the edgiest entry (which is not easy considering some of the other entries), and for that I tip my hat to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12