1. Collapse Details
    RR M2 adapter and external power source
    My RR M2 uses the direct connect kit to attach to the 72mm anachromatic, to my HMC150. Works well, until I need to change the battery. Changing the batery is a major hassle.

I would like to use an external battery and 9V connector to the M2. Can anyone offer suggestions for the best equipment to achieve this setup?

Jim

2. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Hey Jevans,

Good to see you're enjoying your adapter. You have a few options. The way I used to do it was keep only one screw attached to the underneath battery door, and then I was able to simply rotate the door out of the way and change the battery while I was still mounted on the rods. I was in L.A. though and weather was never an issue, be sure to take shooting conditions into account for safety reasons. If you want to go an easier way a while back I saw someone who had a variable voltage duracell rechargeable unit plugged into the DC, but I could never find it online for the life of me.

The other more professional option is to go with a D-Tap system to power both your camera and adapter with our regulated cable. This however can cost upwards of $400.
    Loren Simons
    Senior Rig Technician
    Redrock Micro

(Account is Inactive as of 7/7/14)

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Loren, for the reply.

I found a solution on eBay that should solve the problem nicely for about $8.00.

Jim

4. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Jim,

Would you mind sharing? I would be curious to see what I was missing all those years! Hahaha

5. Collapse Details
    Sure, http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OU:US:1123 .

Not the fanciest but it will serve the purpose.
    Jim