Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Because the DVX is still one of the best cameras out there...
    Still the first of a breed, still the forerunner of this whole "affordable digital cinema" thing, even if it is video...
    Just to prove my point, I'm going to make you all watch more of my $*!t that I'm sure you're all very tired of seeing.. >.<
    I think all the timelapses were shot with the Canon 20D (thats why I uprezed the DVX footage, came out decent I think).
    This was intended to be a job-specific reel, but I completely re-did it. So you guys get what ended up on the cutting room floor. No color correction, rough cut, rough effects. Blah. Now, someone buy me an Epic... Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-F2bNZuVcc
    Last edited by dory_breaux; 11-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    one is french and its different for that reason.

2. Collapse Details
    Neat video... I wonder how much better it'd look shot in 1080p... (jk, dvx is great, I agree there's more to quality than a camera).

Unfortunately, film is slowly dying to digital, so video is most definitely dead.

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    It's time for you to hang up that Sd camera......... Forget 720 and 1080p I've been shooting on 5k and it's just another world..... Affordable cameras are for beginners in their trade trying to learn, make movies and grow, key word GROW. No reason at all why you haven't upgraded to at least an Hmc-40 or Hmc-150.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Tell me about it brother. I've had it for close to 4 years, and it hasnt really let me down, but at this point, its time to move up haha.

5. Collapse Details
    That was awesome! I don't think I've seen anything prior from you, but this was great.

DVX is still such a great camera; I love it, though I finally cracked and went to the HMC this past summer after 2 solid years of DVX shooting. Can't say I'd go back. If you're going to upgrade, don't do it for the resolution on your work - you don't need it. I did it because my clients needed it (for reasons they don't even understand) and mostly to avoid the headache of capturing and cost of DV tapes. The HMC is a little better in low light too, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Keep up the awesome work.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vision_filmz View Post
    Affordable cameras are for beginners in their trade trying to learn.
    Disagree completely. the old adage concerning workmen and tools springs to mind. using horrendously overpriced equipment won't make you any better at shooting, in fact using lesser cameras will probably make you develop and "grow" more, as you have to learn how to work around their limitations. There's a massive fu*king global recession on at the moment in case you didn't realize, a lot of people are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table, for 99% of people on this forum shooting 5k is a pipe dream.

7. Collapse Details
    Right on bro. I would love to see my stuff in 5k though...

8. Collapse Details
    That was fantastic Dory. That camera is still running strong in 2011..!
    Beautiful, just freakin beautiful.

9. Collapse Details
    Really nice reel, the footage from the dvx is still looking really nice and relevant. Always encouraging to see other people out there still shooting with it.

10. Collapse Details
    Badass, man. Any lens attachments with this? How much was DVX vs other? Makes me want to get mine out and shoot with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast