Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scare Fest 2011 - VIEWING NOW OPEN
    We are happy to announce that viewing and rating for Scare Fest 2011 is now open.

As in previous fests you have the choice of downloading an individual entry, viewing the entry online, or downloading zip archives of the entries. It is important to note that the online viewing system is still under major development, so it is not a completely seamless solution. We make it available because we want to continue to improve the experience, but some of the entries may have trouble playing in the viewer. We make it easy to download the entry so it will always be possible to see every entry.

That said, I have made some (hopefully) improvements this time which should cause the online viewing system to work much better than in previous fests. Please let me know how it works for you.

Rating
    Though no changes have been made to the rating system from previous fests, here is a quick reminder of the system for those that have not been involved in a fest previously or need a refresher.

We allow everyone to rate entries, regardless of their post count. However, it is important to note that finalists are only determined based upon the ratings of those who have 50 posts and/or have entered a film in the fest. The other ratings are used for audience choice decisions.

When you click the stars to rate an entry, you are not ranking the specific film against the other entries. Instead you are giving that film its own rating from 1 to 10 where 1 means that this is the worst this film could ever be and 10 means this is the best this film could possibly be. You are rating the film on its own merit, not against any other film.

Your rating is just that, a rating, not a ranking.

REMINDER: If you are a registered dvxuser member, be sure to use those credentials when logging into dvxfest, prior to rating the films.

Ballot Stuffing
    We keep track of each individual rating, which film was rated, who rated it and what rating they gave. And we are able to, and do, look at trends in the rating.

In the past we have seen people try to sway the results by rating the films they were involved in a 10 and everything else a 1. This is a waste of time as the system is designed on an average rating which prevents these individual ratings from having major impact on the overall average. You do everyone a better service by giving a fair and honest appraisal of each entry, or if you don't want to do that, then don't rate.

Unfair rating trends such as this will be disqualified from the overall count, so don't waste your or our time.

Can I change my rating?
    Until viewing closes, the system allows you to alter your rating. Sometimes you feel a particular way about a film and give a rating, but after further reflection or subsequent viewings you realize the rating does not accurately reflect your view of the film. In this case, simply reclick the stars to mark the revised value.

Problems viewing or rating
    If you run into any issues with either the viewing or the rating portions of the system, please note the problem in the provided Technical Issues thread. This will be the only place we will monitor for problems with the system:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...-Issues-Thread

And finally ... Have Fun!

2. Collapse Details
    Hurray!!! I can't wait!!

3. Collapse Details
    Yesss!!!
    Check out our :: MAIN SITE ::TWITTER :: IMDB

4. Collapse Details
    I've been looking forward to this! Good (and scary) things abound.
    -
    -
    -

5. Collapse Details
    Its official, my work day is ruined! Awesome.
    DVX100B | Canon 60D | Canon 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | Gitzo GB3560 | Audio-Technica AT8035
    I am a collection of random thoughts, ideas, tutorials, and brain-farts
    http://sethkoberg.wordpress.com - a constant work in progress
    http://flickr.com/photos/prodork - flickr stream

6. Collapse Details
    Some great films this year

7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    When does voting end? Will there be a round 2?
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

8. Collapse Details
    So when is this thing ending?
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

9. Collapse Details
    Feels like stubbing on a gold mind of pure genius, it was hard for me to find these films so I’m posting this comment to help others who are missing out . I would read the first page of the discussion to learn about the filmmaker journey , then watch the film, then go back to discussion and read reviews, its been a fun week, so much talent.

10. Collapse Details
    Clicking on the download arrow does nothing..it downloads a very small file and that's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast