Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Can an HVX200 be used as a card reader to transfer AVC Intra footage?
    Cool
    I am hoping I can use my HVX200 as a B camera with the HPX250 and also as a card reader. Does anyone know if the HVX200 can recognize AVC Intra for transfer purposes? Also, will the cameras be matchable? For example if they are both set to Cine D will they be in the same ball park with good lighting?

2. Collapse Details
    You can definitely use an HVX200 as a card reader for HPX250 footage. It's just data that's recorded on the cards, and the camera doesn't have to "play" the footage in order to serve as a card reader. You won't be able to play back AVC-Intra recordings on the HVX200 (but you could play back HPX250 DVCPRO-HD/DVCPRO50/DV recordings on the HVX200).

As far as matching -- there's going to be some big differences between the two, mostly in sharpness and in noise (with the HPX250 having a big advantage in both categories). You can probably get them fairly decently color matched, but it would take some effort with both cameras pointed at the same scene and using the same monitor and A/B switching between the two. They definitely won't match if you just set the settings the same, you'll have to "paint" them to match each other.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry I appreciate your response. I really want to get the HPX250 it seems like a logical upgrade from the HVX200. Is there any reason not to? To get an idea of the kind of projects that I have made you are welcome to check out our website: http://somewhereinthewoods.net/

4. Collapse Details
    Will my Focus FS100 still work with the HVX 250?

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    They definitely won't match if you just set the settings the same, you'll have to "paint" them to match each other.
    This was awful advice! I painted my HVX-200 and now not only does the picture NOT match the 250, but the camera doesn't work at all anymore! Thanks A LOT, Barry!

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Latex.

8. Collapse Details
    Damn, I just dunked my HVX200 in bucket of white house paint - before checking on this thread... live and learn...

9. Collapse Details
    Hi
    Maybe this isn't the right topic to ask this but quite important anyway, at least for those working with laptops when on road. The question: New laptops seem not to have firewire or even express cardslots anymore. How can get data in? Is there ubs3 adapters or like on markets? The expresscard adapter is still superior pricewise.

10. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Panasonic offers a number of USB-based P2 Drive solutions.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...tGroupId=34402

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast