Thread: Transit

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thetvirus513 View Post
    When the man starts driving off the main road as a hitchhiker I would assume things are going south pretty quickly. I didn't get that feeling from the passenger, I think he was too calm.
    At first he's just happy to finally get a lift. Sure, being next to a person that seems really sick would probably turn you off. It depends on how desperately you need that lift ;) Once the driver leaves the main road though, the hitcher's voice starts to sound like he's getting nervous, but then again it probably gets lost in the translation.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Panasonic GH2, Sony HX9V

www.vimeo.com/jonwide

2. Collapse Details
    THank you. A film that lives up to the fest.

This was solid all the way around. I just wish I didn't know anything about it going in. I read somewhere in a thread where a jackass mentioned the cough*spoiler*cough and I had a hunch what the film was going to be about.

Regardless, this was a solid execution all the way around. music/sound design, look/feel. All damn good.

I would assume the acting was pretty good too. Unfortunately I could only read the subtitles and my swedish is a little rusty. It *Looked* like a believable performance I suppose.

Definitely watching you career with interest.

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

3. Collapse Details
    Thx!
    Panasonic GH2, Sony HX9V

www.vimeo.com/jonwide

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by oscillian View Post
    At first he's just happy to finally get a lift. Sure, being next to a person that seems really sick would probably turn you off. It depends on how desperately you need that lift ;)
    He is actually very eager. He's somewhere outside Katrineholm when he gets picked up and it's some 25 km:s only going to Flen. Then even if getting there, there's another 5 to Hälleforsnäs. We'd never have imagined this isn't common knowledge all over the world!

I can very easily identify myself with the hitcher - watching the film it's almost as if it was myself standing by the roadside...
    Last edited by Svento; 11-01-2011 at 02:35 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes. He bears an uncanny resemblance to you ;)
    Panasonic GH2, Sony HX9V

www.vimeo.com/jonwide

6. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Svento View Post
    We actually did consider using the Pippi theme. It would have added to the feeling but it would perhaps have been confusing, whether it was movie music or something playing from the car radio. Why would the demon play that Georg Riedel song...?
    If that song was on the radio and the struggle caused the volume to go up at the end.... I would have wet myself.

Good job, guys. Going to watch this again later.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by oscillian View Post
    At first he's just happy to finally get a lift. Sure, being next to a person that seems really sick would probably turn you off. It depends on how desperately you need that lift ;) Once the driver leaves the main road though, the hitcher's voice starts to sound like he's getting nervous, but then again it probably gets lost in the translation. Thanks for the feedback!
    Cool! Yah I would assumeMost is lost in subtitles but hey it happens. You can still tell he's nervous but to me just not nervous enough.....it's all opinion though

8. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetvirus513 View Post
    Cool! Yah I would assumeMost is lost in subtitles but hey it happens. You can still tell he's nervous but to me just not nervous enough.....it's all opinion though
    I figured that the hitchhiker just thought the driver was pulling off the road because he was going to be sick or something. I bought it. The guy was hacking up a lung!

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    I figured that the hitchhiker just thought the driver was pulling off the road because he was going to be sick or something. I bought it. The guy was hacking up a lung!
    I had a sore throat for two days after the shoot. Five takes of vocal abuse. But it was worth it!

10. Collapse Details
    "Time for a new body" Oh-oh - doesn't he know it's Halloween - run! Guess they don't have that in Sweden? When I lived in Germany they didn't do Halloween, butt, the entire population of a million swarmed the American housing for free candy - loads of fun. Love the feet kicking viewpoint. Hmmm ... repeat. Needed more story I think. Like two clips and the rest weren't added. Lots of time available. Good color, sound, acting, & cine.

Why the 1080x536 format? Is that a standard there? Curious.
    Last edited by Sunk99; 11-01-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Almost Forgot

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast