Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    It starts good, good actors, good sound, good framing... and a doubt weather or not it's the right house.

Suddenly the sound is different.... Was the boom a lot lower now ? It doesn't sound as lavs... Or maybe lavs hidden somewhere in the car....

aaaaaaaaah, 2:47 "I'm pretty sure it is"... Only left...

I would start the music 2 seconds earlier, it's not long, but I think the effect will be better.

Great story it is. A different kind of "being scared". Great acting. Nice shots.
    SOUND EDITING - SOUND DESIGN - AND ALSO SOUNDRECORDING

philipsfilmsound.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    This was not a scarefest short, should have been in exhibition and done for fun.
    Sure it was. I entered it, the mods approved it, and it was added to the list of videos in ScareFest.

Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    I know you don't like horror. I'm not a fan of gore or creepy stuff, having said that, by entering, you should have given us "something." I would have settled for the father to be a drag queen, but that's just me.
    Now ... in your example, had I used the father being a drag queen, would that have scared YOU or would it have scared the character? I can't see how that would have really scared the viewer at all. So I'm not sure how what I made and your vision of what's scary (scaring the character, not the viewer) are any different.

3. Collapse Details
    It's another way of "being scared".
    SOUND EDITING - SOUND DESIGN - AND ALSO SOUNDRECORDING

philipsfilmsound.com

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dre83 View Post
    It's another way of "being scared".
    ...and a watermelon is another option for "carving a Jack-o'-lantern"...

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    ...should have kept my original, more exotic gourd fruit analogy.

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys for all the reviews and kind words. I was super excited to be apart of another Hawk Teflon film! Hawk definitely keeps me alive in these fests. Sure wish I had more time to enter myself. Maybe next time!

I've read some of the reviews about the genre and how it relates to this story, so I'll chime in. Yes, this was scarefest and I think whether or not this film fits expectations of how it is supposed to be (or how scary) is kind of irrelevant. The film fit the guidelines according to the mods and that should be enough. Yes, it was a different take, but as we all know something that scares one person makes another person laugh. For example, some people are scared of a post-apacolyptic world. Some people aren't. Just check out Craig and Tyrone Jones in "Bad To The Jones" (senseless plug). I think no matter what the story is, it's important that the characters in the film show a fear of something, because let's face it, if they aren't scared the audience won't be either. I thought this was a refreshing and different take for the fest and I'm not saying that, because Hawk paid me to (hint). Anyway, regardless of all that, I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the film and Hawk continues to improve as an indie filmmaker (and though he sells himself short, an excellent actor) and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. Now, maybe I can get some time to watch the rest of the films or. . .read up more on the RED Scarlett that I'll never be able to getbecausetheyliedandsaiditwouldbecheaperanditfina llycameoutandisoutofmydarnpricerangealongwithaloto fotherpeoplewhattheheckiswrongwiththem.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

8. Collapse Details
    Quick Review.

First a point(based on some comments Ive read). This was scarefest - how an individual interprets the scare component - is well up to the individual.

That said however, as this fest was a Halloween release fest - like others I would have preferred some straight out scares.

Marlon, enjoyed your performance, actually was good from both sides. It was simple and delivered something meaningful.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

9. Collapse Details
    Just because the entry abiding by the rules, I had same problem with "Johnny Angel." What I interpreted as a monster was not well received. The main character has "anxiety" issues. There isn't anything here that's a scarefest. Just because you slipped through the cracks doesn't mean you executed the thrill, suspense or "fear." It's a dramafest entry.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

10. Collapse Details
    SPOILER ahead

Feel like if meeting the dad to the character in the car is true fear, then this is appropriate. The dad’s history, we are assuming is good. The back story on the dad the house, is assumed to be were he is living, alive and not a Creature. But if I did see a Creature my comment would be" I knew what was behind the door as soon as he rang/rung the bell, what did you make the Creature's feet out of, cool costume?."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456