1. Collapse Details
    Premiere CS5.5 Windows version, exporting to .mov...
    Hi!

I have a client that wants me to shoot a commercial that will be aired on TV.

He said that he wants the finished production to be a H.264 codec and in .mov format.

I'm working on a Windows version of Premiere CS5.5... Is the quicktime .mov format supported in the windows version? I've found that I can choose QuickTime format instead of the H.264, but that isn't right since he wanted it to be H.264 with .mov...
    I tried to transcode a clip in quicktime format and got a .mov file, but even though it should be in 16:9 format, it still ended up as 4:3 for some strange reason? I dubble checked everything before exporting. The output window clearly shows a 16:9 picture. I'm feeling lost right now!
    If it isn't possible, is there any program than can transcode it to the .mov format once exported from Premiere?

Please this it quite urgent, I really need help with this one!

2. Collapse Details
    You need to set the QT player to widescreen. Use the VLC player, much easier.
    If you twirl down the video codec in the Quicktime format of the export settings you will find H.264.
    Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
    Adobe Community Professional

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Bens View Post
    You need to set the QT player to widescreen. Use the VLC player, much easier.
    If you twirl down the video codec in the Quicktime format of the export settings you will find H.264.
    Thanks!!

Ok so I've found the H264 codec. Strange it isn't as simple to find and choose and mp4 with h264.
    When I export with this codec to .mov format, will I get the same type of file as they usually get when someone has exported to h264 and .mov in FCP? I ask because I need to be sure that it will work for them..

As far as the media player, I've tested both with media player and VLC, and always end up with the same 4:3 aspect ratio for some reason... Still working on that one...

Heres a screenshot of how my exportsettings are with the goal to get the .mov file in H264 codec and 16:9 aspect (but it fails and shows up as 4:3 in VLC and mediaplayer)

ggggb.jpg
    Last edited by Admir; 10-26-2011 at 12:32 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    You could consider: 1024x576 with square pixels.

5. Collapse Details
    media player and VLC, and always end up with the same 4:3 aspect ratio for some reason.
    That's not uncommon. You have to manually unsquish the footage.

6. Collapse Details
    In the export settings of AME set CROP to 16:9. See how that works.