1. Collapse Details
    'Blood Relative', short film shot on HMC150
    Here's a short we shot last summer, and finally got around to editing. We wanted to have a minimalistic, western type of feel in a modern day setting.

2. Collapse Details
    Well done. I liked this and you achieved your goal.

3. Collapse Details
    this was well shot. I liked it. I can't say that I understand the story fully but it kept my interest.

4. Collapse Details
    Great job, the film moved quickly and kept me interested! I really love the look and feel of this film.

I'm curious - what recording format on the HMC-150 did you use to film this (1080, 720, 24p, 60p etc.)? Did you change the camera settings to get the high contrast effects during the gun fight scenes in the middle of the film or was that an effect that you added in post?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by obproductions View Post
    Great job, the film moved quickly and kept me interested! I really love the look and feel of this film.

I'm curious - what recording format on the HMC-150 did you use to film this (1080, 720, 24p, 60p etc.)? Did you change the camera settings to get the high contrast effects during the gun fight scenes in the middle of the film or was that an effect that you added in post?
    Thanks! We shot 1080, 24p, with the F3 'spark' setting. It's a very contrasty, saturated look. We added further contrast in post, and desaturated it quite a bit. We were using colorista 2, and there's a setting called "pop" that we used quite heavily, cause it really gave a gritty, dirty look that we wanted.

We had a professional audio guy mix the sound too, which I think helped a lot.