Thread: The Traveler

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Excellent! Solid acting and great pacing. It's nice to see a film that focuses on the story and is efficient. I don't mind the chroma key interiors of the car and the VFX. It adds to the unreal-ness of the movie. Great cinematography overall!

*SPOILERS*

The final shot of the victim in the backseat-epic! As mentioned above: give us more of that Devil in disguise!
    Panasonic GH2, Sony HX9V

www.vimeo.com/jonwide

2. Collapse Details
    Loved the colors of the opening title & background. The way you swapped the "Presented by" to the Title using the tree was well done.
    Agree with others - an Alfred Hitchcock feel. While they're talking is the waitress still listening? Nothing shows her busy elsewhere.
    2:06 why the B$@#* runs the guy over and leaves him! Feed her to the monsters! 3:27 - YES!!! Munch time!!!
    Darn - that is too nice a way to send her. Hmmm ... why a month later for the cop vs hours for the lady?
    The last monster face didn't work well. The actually brains blowing out wasn't needed - just a fade to black and the SFX would have been more powerful.
    Excellent acting. Enjoyed much. Best I've seen now out of 14 viewed so far. Well done - look forward to seeing more from you.

3. Collapse Details
    SPOILER REVIEW:

The good: I liked the shots in the diner. Would have liked to have seen a couple slider shots, but that's just me (and Zaza, I'm sure). Good job on the phone, as well. The green screen stuff worked as well. The special effects really worked well for this. At first I thought the acting was a little over the top, but the more I watched, the more it fit. It worked well together. I like the music too. It really pulled this piece together even more.

The not as good: The font. Yuck. (though it was pretty great putting the slates behind the moving objects ) I think the coloring was a little too over the top. I would think maybe desaturating it to about half for the era. The cops lines were a little weird to me, too.

Favorite part: Oddly enough, the lighting inside the SUV with the woman and the traveler. Looked good.

I really think you have a great piece here, sir.

4. Collapse Details
    Taylormade... you are the VFX king! This could have been an ad for Video Copilot tutorials.... I think they are all in there.

I loved this film, really good acting along with the top-notch technical stuff makes for a really fun film. Was I ever scared? No, but who cares, you
    got the devil, the cheating wife, the zombie, the cop, the nosey waitress, gunshots, blood and train crashes...where was the kitchen sink?

Great job... I can only imagine how much work went into this one.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    ...where was the kitchen sink?
    Go to 4:40 in the short...

6. Collapse Details
    LOL, I loved the cheesy opening with matching font. I would've expected the lady to be a little more shaken up before the dude showed up. Gotta polish those special effects. I think the final suicide was overkill, I'd have stopped with the final line from the devil. And about lines, I don't think you got the required line exactly right. It was a fun short, congrats!
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

7. Collapse Details
    yeah, this was totally Hitchcock/twilight zone stuff. enjoyed watching it!

8. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    This was a lot of fun. Some of the dialogue seemed a bit odd, especially after certain events.
    Still, it all seemed to work for this movie. Holy SFX!

Nice work. I really liked the scene with the
    Spoiler:
    train
    That was a lot of fun.

This had a great look and feel to it.
    Loved the ending as well. Although I think I would have preferred that he took him for a ride.

Fun stuff!

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

9. Collapse Details
    I wasn't crazy about the bloody font. I loved the opening shot of the diner's neon sign. I loved the diner. Super cool location. Actress behind counter could have had more sass to her. Traveler actor one of the best most natural delivery of lines of fest. I did feel the distress from the actress in SUV, so that's good.

Nitpick on the detective's notes you had a blank memo paper insert shot. Would have been nice if he had something written there before you cut to the insert shot.

The FX could have been better. But what I liked is that you had a story and told it from start to finish. Give you props for that. Was it original? Not really, but it was interesting.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

10. Collapse Details
    Nitpick on the detective's notes you had a blank memo paper insert shot. Would have been nice if he had something written there before you cut to the insert shot.

That was actually his first question so the pad was blank, but if it bothered you it obviously didn't work.
    Thanks for the review. I agree, Will Shaw, who played the Traveler really did a great job.
    As to the effects, I'm still working on the greenscreen stuff - just not enough time to totally work out the correct balance before the deadline. What other effects didn't work for you?
    "If they move, kill'em!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast