Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    was so good! Congrats.
    Loved the actress. All around good.

2. Collapse Details
    That was the first film my wife had to actually cover her eyes... it scared the crap out of her! The sound had some issues but that can be fixed. The story resolved really nicely. I loved how you transitioned from sequence to sequence, that was very creative. I like the framing on your shots they really gave me a sense and scope of the location. The film had a great look, I didn't miss the bigger sensor of the DSLRs at all. This film is a winner.
    Garnet Campbell - RedAnt Film Development
    Filmmaker

Website
    |Facebook|IMDB Link

Communicate::Community

3. Collapse Details
    REVIEW!

I definitely liked this one, it was fun to watch, really drew you in.

What I liked - You had some really nice shots, the shot down the row of books of her studying, the silhoutte of her getting under the pipes. The story was concise, and though left open ended, it was in a good way. You had a pretty cool location with the pipes which is sweet, and the first ghost/person she sees made me jump.

What I didn't like as much - Audio-wise you were saved by the fact that it wasn't recorded in English and was therefore subtitled. I could barely hear their voiced in the library. Though that sort of makes sense, we would of course still want to be able to hear them. There are a few things that are a little cliche but they don't make or break something for me, so they aren't a huge deal. One other thing, though the girl, then long haired man, and the arms are creepy, I would have rather have had the one younger guy be the one popping up everywhere in the pipes room. Basically those other 2 or 3 characters were sort of irrelevant other than to get me to jump or scare the girl a little. In the grand scheme of things story-wise I think the girl/man/arms distracted from the main plot.....though they were still good, and yah that girl really gave me a jump.

All in all a solid film, fun to watch!
    Check out our :: MAIN SITE ::TWITTER :: IMDB

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    European films are kicking some butt! I really liked the style of this one. The music was top notch as well. It REALLY added to the feel.
    Great cuts. Very well put together. Good pacing. I would have liked to have seen the last shot linger a bit longer. Or a cut to black before the credits hit us.

The actress was great as well. Sweet location.
    Was this all shot with natural light? Or how much did you light some of the scenes? What was used?

Cheers,

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    You guys nailed it, reminded me of an 80s film with Chuck Norris, Silent Rage. I enjoyed it.

6. Collapse Details
    I have to admit this entry kept me guessing. When I thought it was going nowhere with expectant expectations, it quickly was cut away by a tricky edit. The 'asleep/dreaming' aspect has been a tactic many times before to try and scare a viewer into thinking a false sense of reality. They get used to one and abruptly pulled to another.

There really wasn't much of a story but rather a 'what if' scenerio. I would have liked to see a few more locations, or perhaps a little more dialog between the two characters. Especially the male lead as he just shows up at the end. boOOOOOM! End of movie. What?! Why is it the end already? Who is this guy and why would he want to kill this girl? Develop your evil guy a little more and give us a reason. All while not giving away the end of the film. Add another character to show the twist.. resolve it. end it. Don't just leave me hanging there is a ill-fated story of a girl who falls asleep at the library and walks to the basement without a reason. Sure. it's a cleverly badass location, but let's give that location a reason for existence. Not to exist because it's got big pipes and wires.

There were a great aspects in the film technically, but not nearly enough to justify a solid story.

I'm anxiously awaiting your next entry to see a massive improvement. I know you've got it.
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

7. Collapse Details
    This was a good watch and i enjoyed it, particularly the camera work and editing. When the girl is in the basement and she sees the scary girl, that was a well done scare, I watched it a few times to study your technique. Good stuff. When the girl then starts getting stalked by the tall guy, I got confused as to what the story was.
    I love the shot of her in silhouette hiding, really nice! And you had a great location and used it well. I didn't understand the story or the characters motives that much,
    but the vibe was there, it was fun to watch, and it was well directed. Thumbs up!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

8. Collapse Details
    Hey! This was the first short that got my blood moving. And when the hands reached out of her hidey-hole and grabbed her I smiled because you got me. I see that you embraced this challenge. Great job! And I loved that location, really loved it. The switch from the library to tunnels looked cool, but did have be guessing for a while, but I watched on. This is one of my top three so far.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

9. Collapse Details
    SPOILER REVIEW: Do not read further if you haven't watched the short.

The good: I like the way this was shot. The angles, the lighting, very well done. It also had the best "scare" factor that I've seen so far out of the ones I've watched. I like that it wasn't too complicated, either. Simple concept, done well.

The not as good: I don't know why, but I didn't really connect with the protagonist. I know I should have, but I didn't and I don't know why. It sounds bad, but I was thinking, "I'm not too worried if she lives or dies." Also, the coloring of the whole thing fell a little flat with me. That's a taste thing, though, so it's very minimal. Lastly, I feel like using a dream is kind of an "easy way out" of explaining things, even with the twist at the end (I wasn't a fan of the movie North for just such a reason).

Favorite part: The shot from inside that air conditioning vent or whatever it was, showing her silhouette.

Very well made and executed, though.

10. Collapse Details
    Looked great, liked the camera work, edit rocked, sound could have used a little tweaking as it was noisey throughout (constent hiss).
    I hate to say it, but the second she lays her head down on the desk.... I knew the rest of the story. It was well done, but no surprise...thus, no scare-factor for me.
    Keep the coming, I look forward to more from you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast