Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Here is the teaser for "Truth/Dare". Cheers!

2. Collapse Details
    "Truth/Dare" has been uploaded and submitted successfully! Best of luck everyone!

3. Collapse Details
    Good luck, this looks like one of those stories that creeps you out long after you've watched it.

4. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to this.
    Garnet Campbell - RedAnt Film Development
    Filmmaker

Website
    |Facebook|IMDB Link

Communicate::Community

5. Collapse Details
    REVIEW!

Just watched it, definitely a fun piece and you overcame my biggest fear......working with young actors ;)

What I liked - Your actors did pretty well, I don't know how old they were but I would guess somewhere like 12-15 or so? maybe a little older. I would be scared to put an entire cast of kids together, but it worked for you and your story and there weren't too many problems with acting. I liked the shot on the swings with the glitter on the girls face sparkling and coming in and out of focus, I also liked the lighting when she goes into the bush. Also, though some of the dialogue seemed to not match up, it was nice and clear.

What I didn't like as much - A lot of the dialogue/story just didn't feel like it drove your story at all for the first half. We essentially know these kids met up but about 3 minutes later they start to play truth or dare and that is where your story starts. When we first see the swings I didn't mind that they were moving, but I think they were moving too much. Lastly, I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but after the girl screams and is taken away, we see some guy in the bushes take his hood off. At first I thought maybe that was some kind of twist, but it almost looked like a mistake that shouldn't be in there? I don't know maybe I'm missing something here.

Overall it was a fun film to watch, and I'm glad I watched it. Also, I liked that it was a simple story, but along with that I would suggests a "meatier" score to help move it along. Nice work though, something to be proud of!
    Check out our :: MAIN SITE ::TWITTER :: IMDB

6. Collapse Details
    @thetvirus513 - Thanks for the constructive criticism, it's really appreciated and welcome. We had many issues trying to pull this film together. We started late, we filmed at night using generators, it was raining, the cops showed up (yikes)... these were all factors that made the film not run as smooth as I would have liked. To be honest, I love the film and the actors did an amazing job (they are all under 16 years old). The ADR was not as smooth as I would have liked it but we ran out of time due to some technical issues. All in all, I am very happy with the short. The shot at the end when you see the man's face was intentional. Not intentional to be shot, but intentional that it was left in during the edit. Again, thanks for the comment. Cheers!

7. Collapse Details
    Your actors did a great job and you should all be proud to have finished and submitted the film. Congratulations!
    There is a lot of room for improvement as I'm sure you are aware. After reading your post above, you really did
    get over some crazy hurdles.

I think you've learned a ton from this project.
    - If the weather can be bad, it will be the day of the shoot.
    -ADR is NOT easy to get right.
    -Story is key. You have to write & rewrite to get it tight.
    -Sound design & score can make or break a film.

Keep making films... I expect to see something from you in the next fest!

8. Collapse Details
    Ya I am terrified of ADR just ask dre83.....I
    Can never seem to get it right ;)

9. Collapse Details
    Crazy dress & umbrella. Okay the opening to title then nighttime. Lost me. Lights on the swings - where from?
    Sound on camera mounted shotgun? Colors warm. Voice off when girl in red flips. Okay, the one in white walked past a few frames ago, but that was it. Why?
    Sound still off when she jumped fence. Path lighting also not explained. Busy path. Nice title concept, good idea wit the devil costume. Other could have been an angel.
    Could have milked it. Keep up the good work. Work the script way before shooting.

10. Collapse Details
    SPOILER REVIEW:

The good: Pretty decent job shooting at night. I like your establishing shot. Works well, even though it's the only daytime part. Actors did pretty good as well. That age is tough to work with. Usually they want to act like it's a church drama (WAY over the top).

The not as good: Too many shots of the swings swinging without people there. Audio is a little off in places. Focus is a little rough in spots. "Why did that black girl leave? ::wait:: "Oh, there she is." There wasn't much moving the story forward, either. Then the ending just kinda ... happened. There really wasn't much build up.

Favorite part: That skeleton looked like he was just bones! Ha ha! I always see those costumes in the daylight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast