Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    Probably won't unless I can get footage to show as well. Don't think it would be fair. xD I'll see if I can at least get something, though.
    Yea, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts.

2. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Braun View Post
    Yea, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts.
    I'm gonna see if I can compile some stuff this weekend barring they let me take some stills out of the footage at least.

NEX-5N = Gross, though. Everything looks neat on the LCD, pull it off of the camera? Mmm. Not so much.

3. Collapse Details
    I just got a Nex 5N, so far i just have the 18-55 kit, but I really like it. It's just so lightweight, I can throw it in my "murse" and take it anywhere, rather than toting my huge lowepro bag full of 7D gak. Pixel peeping aside, the quality is just fine for what I need, considering it weighs 200 grams or so. It also takes excellent quality stills.
    Steve Dent - 3D Animator / Editor / Lens Enthusiast
    www.espacesteve.com

4. Collapse Details
    Some of the works i done with the Nex 5n

Last edited by xenogears; 03-31-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    www.cajitacreativa.com
    Sony a7/fs100 | Lumix GH4
    | Olympus OM-D E-M1

5. Collapse Details
    I just made a topic about my custom nex 5n video setup.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?276901-Sony-NEX-5N-Prototype-Video-Setup

6. Collapse Details
    I bought a NEX-5N when it first became available, as I was most intrigued by the camera. The one I got had the clicking sound bug while shooting video really bad, though. And as much as I wanted to like the camera, I could not get comfortable with its ergonomics and user interface. I simply found it to be awkward to use. I do have large hands. Perhaps someone with smaller hands would not mind the camera as much. It obviously has an excellent sensor and can produce lovely photos and videos. Very similar in performance to the much more expensive Nikon D7000, in my opinion.

I'm now waiting for the new Sony A57, which is going to be announced this coming Tuesday. It will use the same body as the A65, but with the same 16.2 mp sensor in it that the NEX-5N has. I think that I will find its ergonomics to be far superior.

Here is a video that I shot, showing how badly my camera clicked while recording video. This was a defect in only the initial batches of the camera, and has since been corrected by Sony.

Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

7. Collapse Details
    I have a 5n, but I use it almost exclusively for stills. I have an FS100, so why bother with video from the 5n? But I do like the fact that i can switch lenses between each camera (I have the Alpha adapter with several Alpha lenses). I did shoot some test video and it looked pretty impressive. I take it along on shoots as a backup, but the FS100 is so much easier to use for video, I've never needed to take out the 5n.
    I'm considering getting the A65, as I like the form factor. Supposedly, the A65 takes decent video as well. Plus, I already have Alpha lenses.

8. Collapse Details
    I have the 5n as well, but I have recently ordered the Sony SLT-A57. While I love the video out of the 5n, I found myself mostly using the Sigma OS 17-50 F/2.8 with the LA-EA2, and realized quickly how much I like having image stabilization. I shot some video footage with a non-stabilized 70-200 F/2.8 Sigma and found it far too wobbly (and I even used a monopod). So my choice were either sell the 70-200 and pay another 7-800 bucks for the IS version, or just get a Sony DSLR with built in IS.
    I do have some E-mount lenses that are ok, but I prefer using a couple of fast zooms.

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    Probably won't unless I can get footage to show as well. Don't think it would be fair. xD I'll see if I can at least get something, though.
    if there is no proof, it didn't happen. For all we know, the sony's were better than anything else in the test. I'd like to see the proof before taking your stated findings with anything more than a pinch of salt.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast