1. Collapse Details
    Would this be considered cheating?
    There's a film festival for young filmmakers looking to screen short films (animation, fiction, and documentary) in early 2012. I'm thinking of submitting my entry (documentary) to the event but looking at the video in its current form I feel that I need to make a few changes (while keeping most of the video the same), such as tightening up the edit, change the colour a bit, and possibly give it a new name.

Would this be considered cheating if I did these things?

Thanks.
    Last edited by HeyAndy; 10-01-2011 at 09:52 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    While I haven't submitted to a ff yet, I can't see how this would be cheating. I do know that some ff accept submissions from rough cuts and even sometimes trailers alone. I guess that as long as they are aware that your submission is a rough cut and you don't send in a completely different film, like literally nothing like rough cut, then you should be fine. Just ask them when they need the final version.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-Guy View Post
    While I haven't submitted to a ff yet, I can't see how this would be cheating. I do know that some ff accept submissions from rough cuts and even sometimes trailers alone. I guess that as long as they are aware that your submission is a rough cut and you don't send in a completely different film, like literally nothing like rough cut, then you should be fine. Just ask them when they need the final version.
    The thing is I already screened my video at a film festival and the film festival I mentioned here is bigger. My entry was a final cut (not a rough cut) and even to this day today I'm still unsatisfied with it and want to make changes.

I can try contacting the people and see what they think.