Thread: SD card stuck

1. Collapse Details
    SD card stuck
    So my card is stuck in the first slot... can I take care of this locally under warranty without having to ship it off? I'm in Seattle.

Thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details
    Just curious and as a warning to the rest of us.

How did it get stuck? eg was it forced into the slot upside down?
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Adobe CC2014 Production Suite

AF102 : RR baseplate & Lens support, F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e.

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

3. Collapse Details
    There are some posts in the GH forums about cards getting stuck; do not use force to pull out. Apparently, it had something to do with the lock switch blocking the way. Some user reported a diy solution that worked for him - using a thin piece of plastic to slide into the slot and free the card.
    Search the GH forums for more info.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyking View Post
    There are some posts in the GH forums about cards getting stuck; do not use force to pull out. Apparently, it had something to do with the lock switch blocking the way. Some user reported a diy solution that worked for him - using a thin piece of plastic to slide into the slot and free the card.
    Search the GH forums for more info.
    Yes.. I read this post too...sounded like good advice. As I remember, they cut a thin strip of plastic (like from the packaging the SD cards come sealed in...or any electronic devise these days) just a little smaller then the width of the SD card and slipped it into the slot... it allowed them to release the card. the problem was with the lock switch, it just got hung-up in there.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice, going to give it a try. Hate to be without a camera for a week or more. Been working the last couple shoots with just one card slot, which isn't really a big deal, but Id like to get both up and running.

Shooter, nope didn't insert it wrong. As others have said, it appears to be caught on the locking switch. It's a high quality card, san disk class 10. Incidentally I've had the locking switch on another one of these cards just break off when locking it in my hand

6. Collapse Details
    I had the misfortune of getting a card stuck in a GH1 SD card slot, and it required a trip to warranty service to repair. If the SD card slots in the AF100 work like the one in the GH1, there is a serious risk of malfunction. If the write-protect tab in an SD card falls out, the latch mechanism inside the SD card slot will lock into the card and there is no entirely safe way to disengage it and eject the card. Forcibly removing the SD card will very likely ruin the SD card slot. On my GH1, it required a motherboard replacement to repair it.