Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Still here. Still using my brevis35 and nikon glass. But I have to say, i'm a couple thousand away from having enough for an Epic-S.
    H.Peterson
    Director/DP for hire in LA county/San Diego.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, Set of Nikon Primes (24mm, 35mm, 50mm 1.4/1.8, 55mm Macro, 85mm, and 135mm), Nikon 80-200 f/2.8, Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Shoot35 Mattebox and Follow Focus, Cineroid Retina EVF, GoPro 3+ Black.

2. Collapse Details
    That's funny, I'm in the market for a cash loan for an Epic-S! Shall I just give you the information to transfer to my bank account?
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

3. Collapse Details
    Just started using the Jag35SP but I had to go at it alone. Seems most, if not all the units were made for 43mm lenses with 43mm achromats. Bought a couple dcx achromats woth two types of focal lenghts and away I went. So far so good, got it to work with my DVX100A, had to buy some male-male rings in the process. I might be the only guy with this spinner that has got it to work with a camera with 72mm lenses, since I can't seem to connect with others that might have done the same.
    Rene Hinojosa

4. Collapse Details
    I loved my HV20 with M2 setup - I shot my last feature on it (http://vimeo.com/search/videos/searc...ng/st/719b121c). Still visit this forum regularly, particularly interested to see M3 user reports. I shoot daily now on a 5d for work. Also shoot a bit on my GH13 for personal stuff. I've been seriously looking into the HMC150/M3 combo lately for my next feature. I haven't really found myself being wowed too much by the newer s35 sensor cams. Maybe next gen dslr's or epic-s will catch my attention more. At the end of the day, I'd probably still shoot another feature on the HV20/M2 combo and am still happy with the results the combo provides (the old 'manual exposure lock' hack grew tiresome on the last feature, admittedly).
    Watch my latest feature 'The Least Damnedest Thing' free on vimeo

5. Collapse Details
    hvx200a with sgblade and pentax lenses.

After doing a side by side compare w red mx in my garage... I sadly will not be shooting more than 1 more feature with the adapter.
    Actor/Filmmaker
    Pre-Production on 3rd full length
    HVX200a
    Sgblade 35mm adapter
    Pentax Lenses
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2885419/

www.fathomsdeepmovie.com
    www.kavadba.com/entertainment.html
    www.facebook.com/fathomsdeep
    www.elevatedclothingco.com

6. Collapse Details
    Shot using a LetusXL and Brevis back in the day. They sucked. The cost of them, the huge rigs, the chromatic abberations, the list goes on. Now shoot using a 550D and AF100. Would never go back to a 35mm adapter and looking back on it, it was all a bit silly just to get some shallow DoF.

Saying this I have seen some fantastic footage from the Redrock M3.

7. Collapse Details
    Well I still use one and probably will continue using it for quite some time. For some people it may looks silly and bulky, but for me it is just as stupid that people use a photocamera to shoot video with. The DSLR gives one more problems than a 35mm DOF rig would IMO.

8. Collapse Details
    True, but now you don't need to shoot with DSLRs!
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

9. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure how anyone can find using a dof silly, that statement to me is silly. It's all about a look. dof adapters are not only for shallow dof, of course thats what the main intent was. But after getting used to shooting with one, I find I really like the grain and different bokah's from different lenses. And the organic warm look is just appeasing to my eye. Not to mention, My best lighting work has come from adapter shoots. Granted their big and ugly, but hey, if you like the look it's all that matters. There's certainly nothing silly about using one.

I also use dslrs and love the look from them as well, especially in low light. Regardless, I dont shoot super shallow on either really unless the shot calls for it, and most dont.

Nows a good time to get an adapter if you like the look, their cheap and getting cheaper by the day. The m2encore is almost exactly the same as the m3, the body is the biggest difference. Optics are very close to my eyes, sme with light loss, maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 stop difference between the two.

10. Collapse Details
    Our group just picked up a Letus Elite for 1/2 price from a lens rental house selling it as "b-stock" equipment. We had a quick turn-around project that called for a shallow DOF and viola! The Elite and our HMC150 make a great pair. Found some inexpensive Nikon F lenses on Craigslist and we were good to go. The client actually teared up watching the rough cut, she was that blown away. So I say, if you've already invested in your fixed lens rig... adapters are a blessing although bulky. But if you are in the market for a new camera, you have more than enough compact options at your disposal to achieve the same effect. We just knew that we weren't going to buy new cameras for at least three more years (minimum) and that the price point fot the added production value was a no brainer.

That being said, I'm now in the market for a shoulder rig system. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
    Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast