Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Drive - Ryan Gosling and Nicholas Winding Refn
    http://www.slashfilm.com/internation...ailer-footage/

Really hyped for this film. Gosling is one of my favorite actors working today and Refn is on the up and up. Great supporting cast too- Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman and Carey Mulligan.

2. Collapse Details
    You forgot Christina Hendricks from Mad Men! Yes, this is one of the more enticing films of the fall slate this year. Refn's BRONSON with Tom Hardy was fantastic.

Also, looks like Gosling may have found his muse - he and Refn are in pre-pro on a Thai-boxing movie called Only God Forgives.
    "Trying to make a movie in Hollywood is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it." - Douglas Adams

3. Collapse Details
    I am so excited for this flick. I will definitely go for this movie.
    Last edited by kyne; 09-16-2011 at 02:39 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    My friend caught an early screening and said this was the best action movie he's seen in years.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." - W.C. Fields

5. Collapse Details
    Refn is a great talent & seems to be able to create great work in many different ways/styles (all be it always pretty violent)
    The Pusher trilogy had a gritty, dirty, low key realism
    Bronson had an almost surreal theatrical feel
    Valhalla Rising was all atmospheric, brooding darkness
    now he's getting into action...am excited to see this

6. Collapse Details
    It was amazing. So well written, directed and acted. Some of the scenes felt "indie," like your typical mob/hitman movie, but overall the film was far above the average action flick, indie or otherwise.
    "Trying to make a movie in Hollywood is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it." - Douglas Adams

7. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    I am re-watching the Pusher Trilogy tonight and going to see it tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. Like Refn's work. Should be sumptin.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

8. Collapse Details
    Saw it last night- It was amazing.

Gosling, Brooks and Cranston were the standouts, but everyone was really good. The tone, musical choices and the overall aesthetic were perfect. I could tell many people were imagining a very different movie than what they got, no walkouts though.

9. Collapse Details
    Seems like everyone loved it, except for me.

***SPOILERS***

It kind of bugged me. I mean don't get me wrong, I was sooooo well written, I love Gosling (one of, if not my fave actor), and up to (and including) the motel scene it was amazing. But I just felt like after that it started falling apart for me. Maybe it was the over the top blood and gore, the ridiculous killings (a fork in the eye!?), or just the fact that pretty much everybody died... it didn't end well for me.

I mean did he really HAVE to show a guys heads being crushed and explode after stepping on it 50 times? Hearing it was gut wrenching enough for me.
    "Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms." - Alfred Hitchcock

10. Collapse Details
    Saw it today. Loved it.

Was cringing thinking of the balls it took to throw throwback pacing to the Generation ADD set in the audience.

Opening getaway scene, classic. From the retro watch to Gosling's coolness...it was McQueen s**t all the way (that's Steve, not Lightning)

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast