Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Orphanage, hands down. It is just.... incredible. It is in Spanish. It's just... classic.

2. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    John Carpenter's The Thing is awesome. Audition is pretty disturbing. I love The Exorcist and even Exorcist III. Black Christmas (74) rules.
    Jaws was downright terrifying as a kid. That movie scared so many people out of the water. The Ring was pretty cool. Halloween was great.
    Alien over Aliens for sure.

My favourite would have to be The Exorcist though. It's great on all levels.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

3. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    The thing.
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea8882 View Post
    The Orphanage, hands down. It is just.... incredible. It is in Spanish. It's just... classic.
    I love that film! It gets a watch every year around Halloween. Definitely a modern classic.

5. Collapse Details
    Martyrs...whoa. One of the best endings of any horror movie I've seen.

6. Collapse Details
    I don't go to scary movies unless it's peer pressure. Happened twice. I wanted to see "My Bodyguard" but my friends wanted to see "Halloween." I lost. We saw the movie back in the day. To make matters worse the three people sitting behind us were drunk (this was 9pm showing) and they JUMPED in their chairs a lot. Put me on edge.

For my front desk clerk's birthday she wanted to see a movie, "The Descent." Great, just great. I told her she could pick and boy I cringed. Small theater in Santa Cruz. There was a group of us, four sitting all close together. Barely anyone there during the day. The two other people along with us just cringed, laughed, joked - it was hilarious. I felt like I was watching a bad "B" movie with family.

Never again. No thank you. Life is too short.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    The Exorcist .... I was 12 and couldn't sleep for weeks. To this day, I still can't listen to "Tubular Bells"!

I saw "The Exorcist"(1973) in a theater in San Francisco. At the time a around of Zodiac killings, Symbionese Army actions, getting lost in the myriad of oddly angled one way streets in 'South of Mission' SF was more of a 'scare' than the film...

But one of the young ladies of the group did to the Wilhelm Scream on cue...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    The Exorcist .... I was 12 and couldn't sleep for weeks. To this day, I still can't listen to "Tubular Bells"!

Same here -- I was about 10 or 12 also.

I (literally) didn't sleep all night and kept waking my brother up (we shared the room) to tell him to stop breathing loud because it was terrifying me. Took me a few days to be able to fall sleep actually.

I was scared to be alone in my room (or in the dark) until I was about 19... Kudos to the movie !

Now I just love this movie, but it still brings back a few of those creepy feelings.
    An endless stream of dead uncle Daves

9. Collapse Details
    Another vote for 'The Thing' - it used to freak me out when I had it on vhs as a kid, and it remains one of my favorite movies of any genre to this day. I'm pretty apprehensive about the upcoming prequel.

As a kid I was very keen on the original Clive Barkers 'Hellraiser' and 'Candyman'. While the second was not directed by Clive Barker it was produced by him (based on his short story) and has his style all over it. I dont think Clive Barker movies were necessarily jump-out-of-you-seat-cheap-scare movies, but they had a very disturbing atmosphere about them. The idea behind 'Candyman' always used to freak me out (the whole mirror thing), and the movie was a very taut and well put together thriller. That scene when the lead actress wakes up in the apartment after first meeting Candyman, covered in blood with the mother screaming in the next room over her missing baby - very freaky. I haven't seen them in a long time, but I still remember them clearly.

10. Collapse Details
    The thing is great. Against my better judgement the prequel has me excited.

The first half of Insidious is creepy as hell.

Biggest influence on me as a kid was 'nightmare on elm street'. I still find the first 20 minutes to be brilliant film-making. It gets a bit camp later on.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast