Download -> ScareFest _Official_Rules_PDF_Download.pdf <- Download
DVXFest – Scare Fest – Official Rules
- Make a scary movie that is 6 minutes (or less) and does not exceed a hard R rating (if you are unsure, ask first).
- 6 minutes and 1 second is a disqualification
- You must use a DVXuser sanctioned leader as the first moving images in your film.
- Leaders available at: www.dvxfest.com/leaders
- You only have to use the visuals (included audio not required)
- The use of the leader does NOT count against your 6 minutes
- You must use the following line of dialogue somewhere in your film: “Halloween Sucks”, or, "Don't go in there", or "I'm scared... really freaked out right now"
- You must use original or licensed material in your film. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. DVXuser (or its partners) assumes no liability for copyright violations. We will make a good faith effort to identify any and all copyright violations in submitted entries.Scare Fest Run DatesShooting dates start now. The dates to make your film are from August 20, 2011 to October 28, 2011. The deadline for uploads will be October 28th, 2011, at 4pm Pacific Standard Time.
Scare Fest Promotion
*DVXuser reserves the right to alter or edit these rules until September 10th, 2011.
- No more than 15 seconds of footage from your film is to be publicly displayed prior to the conclusion of the festival. (DVXuser may grant a waiver for live film festivals that premiere prior to the conclusion of DVXFest. You must make this request in writing prior to any public viewing.)
- You may promote your film (and dvxfest in general) on, or outside of, DVXuser. Please do not register to websites simply to spam links to your fest entry. Utilize channels and communities you are already involved in. “Spammy” behavior will be grounds for disqualification.
**DVXuser reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here
Results 1 to 10 of 157
08-20-2011 06:18 PM
08-20-2011 06:56 PM
I love the shortened rules. That should make a lot of people happy.
I'm not digging the required line of dialogue though. As a writer, I hate having to force a line into a story, especially when every story will have that same line. I'm imaging a lot of vampire stories.
08-20-2011 08:33 PM
Ugh, that is a cheesy line. We are making a scary movie and not a comedy. That's where that line fits, a comedy.
08-20-2011 09:39 PM
I agree, a very lame line. Why not something interesting or provocative?"If they move, kill'em!"
08-20-2011 10:31 PM
Maybe instead of changing the line, we could petition for a 'choice b' in lines. Maybe something that could more easily go in a serious pieceFormerly user 'shawneous'.
"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."