Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    (not sure if this is a petition or whatever, but) I'm absolutely in. Each one of these fests pulls me in a direction I'm not comfortable with, so I learn a lot. Besides, maybe I can get Marlon to help out again since he's done with his movie...

2. Collapse Details
    Hawk it's a petition, although I'm pushing Undead Fest, I am really just pushing for a real fest for us to sink our teeth into. And I name dropped you in me plea
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

3. Collapse Details
    If the fests need a hiatus to reboot themselves, that's a good idea. I think it's needed with the falling entries/viewing figures. You could do a lot with this fest and the user base you have.

But IMO I wouldn't take the fall fest to do it, as it's always the most popular. If mods need time off for a shake up, I'd do it on the next fest (which is normally less popular as it crosses Xmas), and I don't think you'd have any complaints. But WTFDIK. Even if I don't get time to enter I always enjoy watching the Halloween fests.

And Matt, love ya, but not Undead fest please ;-) too specific. I'd struggle to watch potentially 50 odd zombie films in a row......My vote is to get back to the halloween themed idea where you can do almost anything you want, spirits, monsters, undead, vampires... as long as it takes place on Halloween.

4. Collapse Details
    Darkline, point taken if Undead is too specific, i'm just trying to rile up the imagination's of the modders to give us something juicy!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

5. Collapse Details
    Dont get me wrong, The idea of time off to figure out a new format is a good one. Just not now. Not the fall fest when people are most eager to get involved (traditionally).

For a long time I've thought it should have it's own dedicated web page and given a push. Some of the shorts are as good as what's winning much higher profile competitions. Something like this would be good http://www.virginmediashorts.co.uk . But I appreciate that might be too much work.

Maybe Im unimaginative but I think if they stuck to 'horrorfest' 'dramafest' and 'actionfest' for the three, then the mods might save a lot of work trying to figure out new themes and rule changes. Film-makers are free to do what they want within them. Some of the past fest themes IMO have been too specific which could be another reason for the fall off in attendance - but who knows, I'm sure there are many factors.

6. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Yeah, it would be a real shame if there wasn't a full fledged Fest near Halloween. I don't think that Fest should take a backseat to anything.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    Yeah, it would be a real shame if there wasn't a full fledged Fest near Halloween. I don't think that Fest should take a backseat to anything.
    Definitely agree. The fall fest has always been a blast.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

8. Collapse Details
    Honestly, I'm down for whatever the next fest is - 48 Hour or Scare Fest. They both sound like fun.

Now that the VillainFest is over and I've had time to think about the fest, what struck me most was the absence of the mods in this fest. In the past, it seemed like they were always around, answering questions, writing reviews, and even entering. With this last fest, at times it felt like a bit of a ghost town.

I'd love to see the mods entering films again. I remember so many of their films from the past. They inspired me and I'm sure others too. If we could get a few of them involved in the next fest (whatever it is), I think it would really up the anticipation and the participation.

9. Collapse Details
    I think A SCARE FEST woulod be a great way to bring in the fall season. I'm in for that, I have always wanted to do a horror.

10. Collapse Details
    I always thought the staple fest here was the one in October - fake blood/gore/more gore. Why would anyone want to replace that? hyuck

I do think for the sake of all you guys who are going to enter the 48 hour fest you should NOT be required:

1. No posters
    2. No bts shots
    3. No worries about your individual thread until after the film is up

Listen, it's 48 hours you shouldn't have to do more than that.

As far as the October dated fest, we've never had it called "Fright Fest" - just saying.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast