Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it.
    Lighting that basement was fun. I had a good time. Wish I had more lights and some diffusers.
    The actors nailed that scene.

Yesterday was a bright cloudless sky. Just blue sky as far as you could see, very bright sun.
    Here are a few grabs from that. It was a tough shoot but I think I kept things from blowing out.

20_n.jpg 25_n.jpg

43_n.jpg 71_n.jpg

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

2. Collapse Details
    It looks great, you exposed perfectly, you must have used reflectors?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

3. Collapse Details
    oh and we talked about this before, but you can always throw a blue hue over the footage, lower the opacity down, and give the footage a "dusk" feel.
    Matt Harris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harris View Post
    It looks great, you exposed perfectly, you must have used reflectors?
    Nothing. Stock lens, ISO at 100. Aperture was jacked through the roof! I've never had it so high.
    I do have a few over exposed shots but luckily I caught them and re-shot those scenes.
    The shirts were tough. White can be a bitch.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    oh and we talked about this before, but you can always throw a blue hue over the footage, lower the opacity down, and give the footage a "dusk" feel.
    Yeah, this takes place early - mid afternoon though. The time is mentioned.

6. Collapse Details
    For jpeg 7_n, you got some nice natural bounced light on the guy's face, the shadow on his face is opened up nicely and you can see nice highlights in his eyes.
    Reflector or not, you blocked the scene well, looks great.
    Matt Harris

7. Collapse Details
    For jpeg 7_n, you got some nice natural bounced light on the guy's face, the shadow on his face is opened up nicely and you can see nice highlights in his eyes.
    Reflector or not, you blocked the scene well, looks great.
    Thanks, Matt. I agree. And unless it's bouncing off Christina's forehead there is no bounce.
    Not even a sound guy on crew that day. Just a separate tripod for the mic.

The only crew we had was Jess, the makeup person. We did have to move around a lot to try and get the best light.
    There were some nice trees nearby as well giving us a little coverage but that didn't keep us out of the sun. Aperture was damn high.

8. Collapse Details
    Alright, we are about 2 shoots away from wrapping the first season! One small, one huge.
    This season will be 8-9 episodes long, depending on how the edit flows. Each episode will range from 3-6 min in length.

We're premiering with a double episode launch on Oct 2nd, 2011! The other episodes will follow bi-weekly.
    We will also be giving away a free IPad to one of our lucky U.S. viewers during season 1.

Check out the site for more info.
    chumperhour.com

9. Collapse Details
    I agree with Matt. Your exposure is excellent. I can't believe you didn't use reflectors. That's pretty skillful!

Can't wait for Oct. 2nd! Can't believe you got something shot and released before BTTJ and I had a crew. I must really suck! LOL!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Ladd View Post
    I agree with Matt. Your exposure is excellent. I can't believe you didn't use reflectors. That's pretty skillful!

Can't wait for Oct. 2nd! Can't believe you got something shot and released before BTTJ and I had a crew. I must really suck! LOL!
    It's not perfect. I had to crank the aperture almost to the max in some shots. There are a few closeups of Christina that are a little bright.
    It's not overexposed, but she stands out from the dark foliage background behind her.

LOL! At this point I've only got about 40 minutes of edited footage that will be released. Hardly 'Feature' status.

But yeah, get off your ass already.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast