Thread: Next fest?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Actually Chris they are scripted. Usual 48-hour fests people have a team together including a screenwriter. Everything is prepped the night before. Filming starts in the middle of that night or beginning of next day depending if it's interior/exterior locations. From the 48-hour fests I've had others tell me about there is usually a "line" of text that an actor has to say within the short. This prevent any pre-written scripts from being thrown in mix.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    Actually Chris they are scripted. Usual 48-hour fests people have a team together including a screenwriter. Everything is prepped the night before. Filming starts in the middle of that night or beginning of next day depending if it's interior/exterior locations. From the 48-hour fests I've had others tell me about there is usually a "line" of text that an actor has to say within the short. This prevent any pre-written scripts from being thrown in mix.
    Genre, Prop, Character Name, and the line of dialogue all help prevent Pre-Production. I know this is swerving off topic but after years of turning down the 48hr to get paid doing real work I did it this year. It was a blast.

3. Collapse Details
    ok, guys... sorry... behind as usual...

had a bit of a mishap with my computer last night (power supply started smoking)...

anyways... was thinking.... don'to want to rush this for everyone's sake.

I will post some rules tonight most likely. But, I'm going to move the dates out for the 48fest a bit more than this weekend, obviously.

Right now, I am thinking instead of our usual halloween time fest, we will do two 48 hour fests between now and the end of the year... then, we will pick back up with revamped dvxfest in time for the winter fest (usually around february)

So... I won't make any promises, but if you guys want to pick a weekend in september, and a weekend in october, if there is enough consensus we'll go with those dates.

I vote for the weekend of september 9th for the first one... this week is kinda crazy for me anyways, with the kids starting school and all.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

4. Collapse Details
    Can't wait till kids get back in school. The internet traffic will lessen and I can research my articles again. All will be well with the world. Sucks living in a small town.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

5. Collapse Details
    That's disappointing. I had already begun to get cast and crew for the week-end of the 26th.

As for me, the week-end of September 9th is taken (I teach a class that week-end).

The 23rd would be best.

I might be able to do the 16th (but my wife's birthday is that week-end and I'd be in the doghouse for trying to shoot then).

6. Collapse Details
    This is music to my ears actually because I have a lot of work to do. A later date works perfect for me. ;)

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    That's disappointing. I had already begun to get cast and crew for the week-end of the 26th.
    Right there with you, Chris. Might not be able to do September.

8. Collapse Details
    We can't miss the fall fest! It's the one that started it all and it happens to be my favorite. Who's with me on this?

9. Collapse Details
    October, I just posted a new thread about discussing this.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

10. Collapse Details
    First off, this is not about Scarefest, but I can't seem to post a fresh post at the moment, so I've had to highjack something. Here's the thing: I've been asked to see whether there are any film makers out there (and this covers ANYONE who loves filming, paid or otherwise) who would like to submit their work to be shown at a dedicated once-monthly venue in north London. The idea is to give people who might otherwise only have Youtube to show their projects a chance to exhibit their work in front of a live audience (DVD projector used). Having said that, it mightbe nice to have specific theme nights (horror, dance, music whatever). Any thoughts?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345