1. Collapse Details
    Nexto DI Portable Storage Device
    Instead of going around with laptops or other options on the field, this device look a good deal, it's almost a macbook pro price but interesting though. Is anyone experienced with this device especially with SxS cards or SDHC card with adapters?

http://www.nextodiuk.com/product.html

http://www.nextodiusa.com/

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    I have the Nexto Video Storage 500Gb not the Pro & I love it! I use it to dump all my footage from SD cards after every event while I travel back and then copy it to my back-up storage when I get back. Great to have a dedicated device to dump footage on, I can highly recommend the Nexto & the Pro should be amazing.

3. Collapse Details
    thanks Nicholas, did you experienced any file corruption or fail to transfer? How is the speed, is it like advertised?

4. Collapse Details
    I've had mine for almost a year now, I use it every other weekend and haven't had any corrupt of failed transfers yet. Speed is much faster than copying from a SD to Computer using a standard USB2.0 SD card reader but with a Firewire 800 reader it should be about the same. What I like about the Nexto is the dedication & mobility, I can stack all my SD cards and take them with me while I'm doing something else and simply swap out cards as they finish instead of having to check my computer all the time, I also take it with on locations so I never worry about running out of memory. I haven't used the eSATA interface yet I usually just transfer via USB. You might want to hold off buying the Pro version - USB 3.0 is becoming very popular & I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they release a USB 3.0 version in the very near future, maybe send them an email? If you already have a MacBook Pro and extra cash to burn it's a great addition to any kit however it's a bit of a luxury I wouldn't pick it over a MacBook Pro.
    Last edited by Nicholas DK; 07-29-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling