Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Has anyone used Canon FD lenses on their Sony fs100?
    I am very interested in the fs100 & using the older Canon FD lenses.. Has anyone shot with these lenses? What are some pros and cons of using these lenses? Are they sharp and clear? What adapter are you using? Do you have any footage online that I could view?

Thank you

2. Collapse Details
    FD lenses are very sharp. They're also very light and small compared to EF lenses.

I'm using a Kipon ($60 on ebay) adapter without the built-in aperture ring.

Here's video with some shots with FD 35-105mm f/3.5 -- this is very sharp lens.

http://www.vimeo.com/25851138

3. Collapse Details
    ahh dude I love that video you made! The lenses you used all looked very sharp and nice.

Do you have any other videos with other fd "fast" lenses on it? I would love to purchase nice fd lenses to put on the fs100.

Great video, thank you for sharing it!

4. Collapse Details
    if you have the time, could you tell me which shots were used with the fd lens? Thanks again for sharing!

5. Collapse Details
    I have a couple of fast primes but I haven't used it on any shoot yet.

These were all shot with FD 35-105mm f/3.5

:26 - :29
    :35 - :55
    1:02 - 1:06
    1:19 - 1:25
    1:36 - 1:40
    1:47 - 1:53
    2:15 - 2:23
    2:55 - 3:11

6. Collapse Details
    ooh ok!! Awesome stuff man. Yep, that lens is awesome.. When do you plan on shooting with your fast prime lenses? I will keep a look out on your vimeo page for some new stuff! Thanks for sharing again and your time!

7. Collapse Details
    How do you like the quality of the Kipon adapter ? Is the aperture operation de-clicked and quiet enough to use with an on-board mic ? Also, do you see any vignetting or other problems that its iris introduces ? I bought the Sony A-E adapter and am really disappointed that I can't use a still lens (during shooting) while adjusting the iris through the on-camera wheel because of the flashing aperture and the loud clicking sound that's produced.
    Last edited by AndyInBuffalo; 07-28-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added explanation

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyInBuffalo View Post
    How do you like the quality of the Kipon adapter ? Is the aperture operation de-clicked and quiet enough to use with an on-board mic ? Also, do you see any vignetting or other problems that its iris introduces ? I bought the Sony A-E adapter and am really disappointed that I can't use a still lens (during shooting) while adjusting the iris through the on-camera wheel because of the flashing aperture and the loud clicking sound that's produced.
    I'm not using the Kipon adapter with built-in aperture ring -- I was never sold on that.

9. Collapse Details
    Can I jump in here with a comment about the Kipon adapter? I have one for a slew of Canon FD lenses. The Kipon is very well made and constructed. Unfortunately, the built in aperture does NOT work. I've found that it vignettes on every single one of my lenses(50mm, 55mm macro, 135mm, 200mm) So, I use it only in wide open mode.

10. Collapse Details
    What about Canon FD lenses with manual aperture control.... like a 50mm 1.4 ssc. I assume that will work when connected to a Kipon adapter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast