Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Lansing View Post
    My hopes would have been that a 50mbps patch could bring better playbacks (in-camera and on my pc)... But I donīt have a clue whether the quality would suffer quite a lot or not...
    Both GH1 and GH2 appear to balk at playing back MJPEG videos that have a bitrate much higher than 35Mbps. On PC's, I haven't encountered any playback issues with 100Mbps MJPEG files. MJPEG is roughly comparable in compression efficiency to AVC-Intra, which comes in 100Mbps and 50Mbps profiles. However, 50Mbps AVC-Intra only records 1080p in a squeezed 1440x1080 format. I found that boosting MJPEG frame size to a full 1920x1080 required significantly more bitrate than the standard 1280x720 resolution, and concluded that 100Mbps was needed to preserve its image quality.

2. Collapse Details
    Resurrecting the dead (blame google for leading me here)... With the latest ptool, and the latest firmware upgrade, I see that there is a place to change the frame rate down to 24p, is this really 24p?

I was wondering about the 4:3 mode, wasn't sure if it could be set up to a 2K resolution, found my answer and something I'll need to include in my patches.

Is the information in these patches compatible with the most recent version of ptool? (in short can I copy and paste the required fields into a newer style of patch) Looking to make a multipurpose patch with the best mjpeg and best avchd settings. And then make this for both 16:9/4:3 mjpeg and another for the 1.33x anamorph and 2x anamorph settings. I have five 1GB cards to use for different hacks, want to make the most of them so I don't have to switch (install different) hacks all the time. Right now I'm only playing with 1.33x adapters, but the 2x are pretty cheap so I may give one a try.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567