1. Collapse Details
    Corrupt File after Soundtrack Pro Export
    I've exported a project from Soundtrack Pro as an AIFF file and when I import the AIFF back into Final Cut and sync it with the video, it doesn't play right. The first half of the project plays fine, but towards the end, it starts sounding like it's skipping. Has anyone ever had this problem before? If so, how can I get it to export right? Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    A little more info. The project is 90 minutes long. I'm not sure how I can break it up anymore since I've already completed the edit. There are 20 tracks in this project. I recently removed 30 seconds from the movie and tried to use Conform to resync the new edits. That kept crashing STP whenever I tried it. So I manually conformed the project. To do this, I deleted the video and put the new video in. I also copied over the audio from the new edit and used that to sync in the new cuts. I went through the edit and manually removed what I had cut out from Final Cut. After everything was in sync, I deleted the new audio tracks and kept the newer edited audio. However, I think that because I copy and pasted those audio tracks in, it added a bunch of keyframes that I hadn't originally had. The audio was fading up and out for no reason and the pan track was full of dots. So I've been going in and fixing those, removing what had been added. Now I'm going through and removing the dots on the pan line. Hopefully this will work.

Another thing I've noticed. When I exported this project in the past, it would take around 5 to 10 minutes to export. Now, it gets about 60 percent done then it really slows down and takes around 2 hours to export. Around this point in the film, that's when everything starts skipping after the export.

I'm also using my iMac to edit this and it's got 2 GB of Ram. Could the Ram be the problem?

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah- sounds like a corrupted project. I'd try resaving as a new project and re-exporting.

-Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Noah,

I saved it as a new project and it still does the same thing. I exported a previous version of the project and that one exported fine, so whatever is causing it, has to do with this project.

5. Collapse Details
    In my workflow I never round trip back to FCP from STP and this way I've avoided crashes.

In STP I export to AIFF
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

6. Collapse Details
    I played the AIFF file without importing it into Final Cut and it does the same thing.