1. Collapse Details
    Gwendolyn Dangerous
    Hey gang--

This is the teaser for my new series. Thus far shot entirely on EX1, and entirely for chromakey. I look forward to a day when I'm using a more chroma-key-friendly camera, but until then I'm pretty ^%$# happy with the results I'm eeking out of his. More to come soon.... let me know what you think:

http://gwendolyndangerous.com

-Kevin

2. Collapse Details
    That looks great!

3. Collapse Details
    Great. Very cute and campy. I probably would have chosen a deep voice for the robot, but that's just me. Be careful on the sound quality, whether it sounds indoors or not. I love the retro robot look! Keep up the good work.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the thoughts Duke. Yes-- keeping the echoey room in-check has been one of my insanity-inducing missions. You are [sadly] confirming my fears that I didn't do a good enough job. :P

5. Collapse Details
    I'm afraid that for me the echo broke my ability to suspend my disbelief, and was then followed by the robot voice, if you are going for realistic. However, if you going for extreme campy the juxtapositions are good and I wouldn't touch them. I don't know enough about the project.

Get the mic in closer (boosts your signal to noise ratio), don't use a shot gun mic indoors (pics up reflected sounds), and turn the audio gain down a tad so it doesn't pick up the echo. A decent audio signal with a low noise level can be boosted substantially in post without too many side affects. (Unlike the old analog days.)

Another alternative is to add some background noise to mask the echo. That often doesn't work though.

Feel free to ignore anything I've said. Just my 2 cents.