1. Collapse Details
    Does date & time stamp exist anymore with HD camcorders?

I've recently done work with a company that uses data code or (date & time) quite frequently for the their video work in Investigations.

What they have been doing is recording on Mini-Dv and capturing through a Canopus analog converter into Final cut to preserve the date and time, then burn to DVD for output.

Does any current Hd camcorder (Mini-DV tape or SD media) record the date and time stamp, and keep it in real-time once capturing into digital editing software.

I have a lot of people are trying to find solutions with the company i work for and would love to know if we still need analog conversion.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Several of the Panasonics do. The HMC150, HPX170, HMC40 and HMC80 all have it.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Several of the Panasonics do. The HMC150, HPX170, HMC40 and HMC80 all have it.
    Thanks for the info Barry! But only problem is the company can only use smaller camcorders do to the nature of the work. So if you know of a consumer HD camera not including the HDC-SD80 that might do the trick, let me know.

Currently with the HDC-SD80 we have to capture the footage into FCP through the camcorder directly-using the analog conversion with the SD card in the camera. If we could find a way to directly grab the footage from the SD media without doing the analog conversion to keep the recorded date & time stamp on the screen, it would make our job much easier.

thanks

4. Collapse Details
    Well, the HMC40 is pretty small and it does it. There may be others out there that I don't know about, but the smallest one I'm sure of is the HMC40.