Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Yep true true Callaghan, fine example too
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

2. Collapse Details
    God i certainly am not suggesting it should or would have been better with an old school villain - in fact that would be perhaps as tiresome (as any other cliche commonly found.) I think the opportunity to 'invent' memorable villains - ugh.... not through boring ass convention, but with imagination. That would have been exciting - that is the opportunity i think filmmakers denied themselves, not the fun of simply rehashing another popular influence.

Im not complaining about the quality of entry in this fest (i mean jeez id have no right to!) but just observing on the lack of engagement with the theme of the festival and more importantly the lost opportunity to flex those character creating muscles.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    G

Dependence/Thick Window utilised similar characters really, guys pretending to be nice then killing kids. Likewise with The Millers... (but remember in monsterfest when this was done with an ancient mummy) I guess not all our kid killers in movies should be ancient mummies but it was memorable. I think it goes to show just what an automatic response it is for (predominately male directors...) to go 'oooh a villain - thats a kid killer' and post haste comes our exhausting set up.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying these two entries were akin to Armageddon versus Deep Impact. The protags had two completely different motivations. I think both stand on their own two feet.

4. Collapse Details
    Now, Lawrie if you would've seen one of my scripts in here you would've been blown away.

*acting like I had a villain script ready.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12