Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Villain Fest - Viewing / Rating - Technical Issues Thread
    If you run into any issues or problems with the viewing and/or rating system, please post it in this thread. The more information you can provide the easier it will be to track down the problem and resolve it quickly.

We will monitor this thread for issues and try to resolve them as quickly as we can.

2. Collapse Details
    Well, where do I begin? The few films I can watch are stuttering so badly they are hard to view. Most of the films won't play at all - I just get the endlessly cycling circle. When I try to download them to my machine, I get an error message.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

3. Collapse Details
    I never try streaming them. At least not on the first weekend. I just click the zip file at the bottom and let it slowly download. It takes about 10 minutes or so per zip file. I have the first one right now, and I'm downloading the second.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    I never try streaming them. At least not on the first weekend. I just click the zip file at the bottom and let it slowly download. It takes about 10 minutes or so per zip file. I have the first one right now, and I'm downloading the second.
    I always do the same....

5. Collapse Details
    I cant download the files or watch them. It would be nice if the download option linked to an actual file, so I could do "save as", rather than force a page refresh, which gets a warning bar, I then have to click the bar, select download, let the page refresh and then have it fail.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    I click on the zip at the bottom and it takes me right to the viewing site. I try to download a file and all I get is an error message telling me the file doesn't exist.

I was able to view my film, although it stuttered all over the place, even after I downloaded the entire file before playing. It's also about a stop overexposed and I know that isn't right as I set up the file with my scopes and I know what I sent was right on. Bummer to put in all that work and have it look like this.

Also watched part of Dr. Kvorak and it stuttered like mad, too. Your nice shot of the spaceship at the beginning jumps across the screen in ten frame increments. I'm willing to be it doesn't do that on the original file.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

7. Collapse Details
    When I try to click the download arrow next to an individual film I'm getting the following error message:

Entry ID: 4700902 does not reference a valid file.

Meanwhile, I will try to download the zips.

8. Collapse Details
    Weird. When I click the zip file, it doesn't take me anywhere. It just opens my downloads window and shows the status of that. I'm using Safari 5.0.5.

9. Collapse Details
    Oh, and I was able to download the first 2 zips without a hitch. When I downloaded the third, it told me it couldn't unzip and gave me an error. So I deleted that file and downloaded it again. It works now. I remember that happening in FictionFest as well. I had to download one zip file 4 times before it would finish correctly.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    When I try to click the download arrow next to an individual film I'm getting the following error message:

Entry ID: 4700902 does not reference a valid file.

Meanwhile, I will try to download the zips.
    Join the club, Chris.

Don't know what you're doing, Hawk, but it isn't working here.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast