Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Spoiler:
    SPOILER REVIEW:

I'm just going to go ahead and call you out right now. You, sir, are a buttface. This one scared the crap out of me. I can't watch scary movies. At all. Here's basically a play by play of me watching:

La la la, oh neat. This is pretty cool. I like this one. It's interesting how ... wait what? No. No don't go in there. DON'T GO IN THERE. Phew ... it's just the li- OHMYGAWDGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT! :::heart racing::: Phew ... That was a close ca-AAHH!! :::has to go change pants:::

I do not do well at ALL on scary movies, so kudos for getting me to watch this. I think you pulled it off well. It had a very blair witch effect to it, but much more cinematic than BW. Very good job.

2. Collapse Details
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Matt, gotdang man, you did your thing!! This was a great, great idea and you had us going for sure. This was very engaging, creepy and scary and you pulled it off by yourself. This was TV worthy and I agree with Hawk, like "Blair Witch," but much more cinematic. Do your thing, man!! Do your thing!!!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

3. Collapse Details
    A really suspenseful entry. This one had my heart racing. Good job.

Spoiler:
    I really enjoyed this up until the reveal of the ghost (or vision) to me this felt a little weak. Once i saw it the suspense seemed to die for me. I concur on the like "Blair Witch" comment, up until we see the ghost. What might have made it a little more powerful would have been to not show the ghost, but show evidence of him, which is what made "Blair Witch" as successful as it was. Less is more and it would have remained a lot scarier (in my opinion).

Overall, a really nice entry and i really enjoyed it.

4. Collapse Details
    Nicely presented story. Good suspense build and nice use of self filming narrative.
    The only thing that I think was less convincing was the
    Spoiler:
    ghost face right at the end.

You did a great job, well done.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow, this and "The Water's Edge" have to be the two best looking films in the fest. Really great photography and locations. Everything just clicked to set the right "creepy" mood. I loved the look of this from start to finish. The "actors" were also spot on.

Spoiler:
    Funny, the terrific photography gave away the fact that this wasn't really a documentary! When Mike comments that he's not really a cameraman right when we are watching this beautiful slider shot on the front porch it kind of ruins the effect. Everything was just too good looking to pass as an ordinary guy with a camera. But everything looked so good I probably would have bitched if it HAD looked more realistic - crummy, in other words. Loved the shot walking down to the boatshed, the evening shade, the flashlight - really cool. And the interior of the boathouse really had me creeped, very effective.
    Two complaints - I knew what was coming, but it's not a real bitch since part of the satisfaction of these things is knowing the asshole is going to get his in the end. The other has already been mentioned. That super over his shoulder at the end. Everything else was so real, so dead on, that that came off as a little hokey. The way the shot was set up I figured we'd actually see the dark form of his brother walk into the shot behind him. In my humble opinion it would have worked better.

Just a great film, one of my top three. Terrific job all around.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

6. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    Great Job Matthew!

I'm guessing the ghost is the "villain"? no real complaints just the ghost at the end...

I don't scare easy so my pants are still dry unlike Hawks over there BWHAHA (jk Hawk)

Great stuff mang

Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin R. Rogan View Post

I don't scare easy so my pants are still dry unlike Hawks over there BWHAHA (jk Hawk)
    I haven't turned the lights off since.

8. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk teflon View Post
    i haven't turned the lights off since.
    :d
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

9. Collapse Details
    I totally agree fellas, I will axe the "end" ghost after this fest ends, for future viewings. I was down to the wire on this one and was afraid that if i left the end empty, it would have been a missed opportunity. In hindsight, leaving the end without a ghost should work fine. I was alone at the cabin when i shot this, if i had anyone else there i would have had them walk through the door at the end as a "real" ghost, which would have worked better. but it was just me. by myself. scaring the crap out of myself as i shot this.

Luckily I had a bottle of Beam.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

10. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Loved the opening on this. It came off completely believable to me. The editing and sound design was great. Especially during the interviews, I really loved that part.

The comment about not being a filmmaker and then showing those beautiful shots didn't quite go together but that's a super easy edit fix.

You had me on the edge of my seat once you went into the boatshed. What a simple but effective location!
    More great sound design there.

As another guy who just takes his camera and does what he can I really admire you for all of your fest entries. No actors and you still pull it off! Your style always comes through and this is no exception.

Great job.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast