Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Meet the Millers
    Meet The Millers

I'll be brief as time is not on my side today. Completed this film from idea to upload in two weeks. One being a Holiday weekend which didn't help, but its finished....enough.

Lot of firsts on this project. First time using the 5D, first time editing with Premier Pro and first time using Soundbooth which isn't a bad program. This was really rushed to get it done in time. No BTS video at this time, hope that doesn't disqualify us. We can do one next week if needs be. I'm leaving on a trip in a couple hours and need to pack and get ready. So the poster will have to wait too.

Look forward to some feed back. I made a ton of mistakes.... again. But, it was really fun to do.

Thanks for checking it out.

2. Collapse Details
    Just in case

3. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to seeing it!

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest!

5. Collapse Details
    I can wait on the poster, but I'd like to see the tagline and synopsis. Just because I'm curious.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

6. Collapse Details
    i think you might end up being non-compete but that's a mod decision. either way, congrats on the entry!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    I flat out loved this film. You have a few glitches and weak edits in there, but man this is really like something I would watch on tv or a scene from a movie. I'll write more later, but first impression is "impressive".
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

8. Collapse Details
    Spoiler:
    SPOILER REVIEW
    The good: The cop stopping the door from closing, and the audio that went with it. Really pulled me in here. The death of the first cop was good. Reminded me of that terrible scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan where he tells him to "shhh." Nice twist at the end. Really pulled it together for me.

The not as good: Weird cut to his expression around 0:52. Not sure why this is so weird to me, but something doesn't feel right about it. A couple of shots were soft. The "you smell something? Neither do I" line felt like he was trying to make a joke, but it didn't fit the mood. Weird cut around 2:17. I've never seen cops give handcuffs to someone and trust them to cuff himself.

Overall, I'd say your two policemen were your strongest actors.

9. Collapse Details
    Solid entry. I was engaged. Acting was great all around. Were those real cops?

Spoiler below, highlight to read:
    Audio issues in the way of echo here and there, get that mic as close as possible. Focus issues here and there but I'll point towards a stylistic choice. Lighting was a bit high key. There was a weird edit in there like a phantom few frames.
    After watching some of these...you can sort of predict the twist. He said 'my wife' too many times. Take that expectation and go a step further.

10. Collapse Details
    Really, really good film. There were some jump cuts that were kind of awkward, but that's an easy fix. The audio sounded not clean. Sounded like the on camera mic. Other than added some better sound effects this was very well done. Nice camera work and the acting was very, very good. I enjoyed it!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast