Thread: "New Hire"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    As for dvxuser this is my acting debut. Technically AETAS by Shawn Nelson and Ken Kupelian was my acting debut but I was hidden behind a medieval mask so I'm not sure if we call that acting. However I don't "act" much in this one either. ;)

Shot on 7D and iphone.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

2. Collapse Details
    iphone?! Nice! Have we had another entry shot on an iPhone before?

3. Collapse Details
    Good luck, AJ!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

4. Collapse Details
    oh i didn't know you were the guy in AETAS, glad to see you doing the acting thing.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

5. Collapse Details
    Fun, well written, well acted, cool beans. AJ you remind me of Jim from The Office.
    Matt Harris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE

6. Collapse Details
    Spoiler:
    SPOILER REVIEW
    Finally something funny in all of this sadness!
    the good: I really liked this piece overall. I think the guy "filling in" for the other guy worked out great because there were a few times that he seemed a little like, "I don't know what to do with that information," and it worked out very well. The comedic timing was very well done as well. I liked both actors in this. Kudos to both. The jokes also worked well because they weren't overly explained. He made a pun, and moved on. I like that.

the not as good: the only shot that stuck out to me that I really didn't like was right after the line about being from the south, and there is a rack focus from palm trees to his face.

I think this worked on a couple of levels. It was simple, light, amusing, and fun. Good job!

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah AJ was a pretty natural interviewer. I really liked the story. I thought it flowed and came together just at the right pace. I started laughing as I caught on and sure enough, hehe.
    I thought it came together really well. Yeah, really liked how it progressed.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

8. Collapse Details
    Spoilers below, highlight to see:

Well first and foremost it was refreshing that no one died. Lighting and audio were top notch as to be expected. Dark applicant goes into a soft focus when he leans forward but that's a nitpick. Also, can I assume the lighting on the dark applicant was a stylistic choice and not so much photo realist to the actual light source in the office?

The actors did a fine job. Kudos to those folks...I suppose you're one of them so good job.

My issue is it was like watching a ping pong match (yes talking heads) and the shots were the same. I hate to say it but your other films are usually much more engaging. Seems like you dialed it in this time around and you're better than that.

9. Collapse Details
    Good film here, AJ. Good acting and a funny quirky story. Very simple setting, but you pulled it off very professionally. Nice work.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

10. Collapse Details
    The comedic timing was spot on, and that's basically the most important thing with comedies. I do wish that your shots matched. In other words, we are looking straight at the villain, but the shot of the boss is at an angle. it's a bit jarring on the cuts back and forth due to this, but i got used to it.
    Matt Harris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast