Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Comedy is subjective Ė one manís laugh is another manís groan. This didnít work for me, but others have found it amusing, so Iíll leave it at that.
    The costumes, settings and props were great.
    The acting was too broad, as if everyone was trying to be funny rather than letting the situations and visuals carry the humor. This was acerbated by the pacing Ė everyone standing around waiting for something to happen or for the next line to be delivered. Some serious editing still needs to be done.
    Spoiler:
    It seemed like you needed a payoff for that goofy thing on the actorís back. He wears it throughout most of the film, but never uses it. Something wild there might have gotten a big laugh.
    "If they move, kill'em!"

2. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    LOVED it, from one comedy guy to the another great job guy.

Pacing was good, the acting was supposed to be like that...its the freakin 1970s! Loved the costumes, though i'd liked to have seen the one guy with the contraption on his back actually use it...

Great job

Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

3. Collapse Details
    Spoilers below, highlight to read:

Nice production value, loved the hair styles for the most part. This had a level of camp that I liked a lot. I was wanting it to be taken a step further crossing the line into a little more "70's-ploitation" I suppose I didn't quite understand the ending, so Big Kahuna's mind is now in the robot? I think that's what I got. Ending did seem abrupt overall.

Great Job!

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    I thought this was hilarious! You really captured some old 70's cop shows and added your own twist.
    This was really well shot, acted, and edited. Major props for putting in some serious production value.

I'm still giggling over the ending. Nice work.
    I think most of the actors nailed their performances as well. The cops and the lead bad guy were perfect. The girl was great too.
    Nice work.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the great comments and crit all! I'm about to get on the plane home after my vacation and can't wait to watch all the entries. (I haven't even been able to watch the final cut of my own entry yet, it was finished up by our great editor/Dp in a rush haha)

As for some of the questions, the heroes are actually the same in an earlier short we made over the winter. It isn't online yet as we're still doing our festival run, but the giant wingsuit/ science backpack is explained a little better there ( but I didn't want to feature it too heavily in this short since it was built before villain fest started)

6. Collapse Details
    Very funny short.

I especially love the costumes, the props, and the mutton chops on that one actor.

This did feel like it was from a larger piece - like there were gags and story elements I wasn't quite getting.

Still, I really did like these characters and I wish the adventure with them had been longer.

7. Collapse Details
    This was fun. I have to give you props for creativity and doing a period piece. The props were funny. I really wanted to know what he had on his back? It might've worked better if the bad guy was more bad and less drunk guy. Overall a good job.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

8. Collapse Details
    Fun location, nice BTS. But how dare you forget your wife? Congratulations on your first entry into the DVX fests.

9. Collapse Details
    I thought this was fun. The 70s feel and look was perfect. I also wanted the guy to do something with that house-umbrella on his back, but oh well. I thought the acting was really fine in some spots and lagging a little in others. I think with a little more cutting the pacing for the humor would stand out more. Anyway, nice work.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

10. Collapse Details
    I lived the 70s so I enjoyed this silly, fun...

Spoiler:

Comedy. "Let's do some crime." I liked it when the girl said, "Why can't you guys use guns, like normal people or crazy people" - something to that effect. That was funny.

Of course I'm not going to take this seriously but I did love the ending. I forgot about the robot so that was a nice touch there. Comedy is hard, but you had me laughing the first half. I'm giving you good props for this because while it was cheesy and cliche, it was meant to be and you pulled it off.

Was there enough conflict or story? Was the acting all there? No, but it still passes with good marks. Good job!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast