Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Collapse Details
    can I play my clips in the HVX200 and capture in vegas via firewire?
    Luis R Cosme

2. Collapse Details
    If you record to DV tape, it's just like using the DVX. But that's only DV.

If you record to the P2 cards at all, in any mode, then you need Raylight to use the clips with Vegas.

You do not capture P2 clips; they're already "captured." They are already data files ready to be used.

To transfer them from the P2 card to your hard drive, though, you can use the camera, but you would use USB 2.0, not firewire.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    If I transer material to a HD from P2 (I have a card reader built into my PC), what do you transfer? I am having issues with the Vegas & Raylight not recognising material I have transferred ontop one of the Hard Drives. I also wanted to know how to send a specific clip to a producer who want to use it in a museum display. If I have the contents file with Video, Clip, Icon & Audio in separate folders, what do I send. I separated what I thought would work, but he can't see it in FCP. In Vegasm what format should I save material as to send to another producer? What would be the most suitable to keep the quality as close to the original as possible?

4. Collapse Details
    Transfer the entire Contents folder without changing, moving, or deleting anything.

As for exporting from Vegas, do it in Raylight format (see the Raylight documentation) and then create a virtual P2 card using P2 Maker.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    Transfer the entire Contents folder without changing, moving, or deleting anything.

As for exporting from Vegas, do it in Raylight format (see the Raylight documentation) and then create a virtual P2 card using P2 Maker.
    Thanks David, you are a veritable fountain of knowledge. I am afriad that coming from the good ole days (You know you've reached your sell by date when you say Good...), I remember when we used to shoot on film which didn't have format issuesother that 16mm or 35mm. And from video where the formats were all television related.

6. Collapse Details
    anything else besides raylight?

7. Collapse Details
    i jus bought raylight ultra and its great, anyways i want my preview window to look a little bit more clear , what are the best settings for HD pref. on Sony Vegas im using hpx170.

Thanks

8. Collapse Details
    The clearest you're going to get is "Best (Full)" while Raylight is on violet. If that's not sharp, then the footage isn't.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617