Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Vegas and DVCPRO HD
    In another thread, Jan suggested we contact Sony and stress our desire to have Vegas support DVCPRO HD by the time the HVX is shipping. I just started a thread over at Sony Forums, since no one has addressed this issue there. Maybe if we ALL weigh in now, they will commit to it early rather than see a wholesale rebellion as version 6 hits the streets. At least we each have $200 worth of leverage now.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ssageID=384013

Also, this one looked interesting about doing a 60i to 24p conversion in v6.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...plies=4&Page=1

So everyone please get busy and make our voices heard!!! Post counts are what gets the attention of the techie over there.
    The only second chance we get in life is the chance to make the same mistake twice.

2. Collapse Details
    I've posted those requests as well. Let's see if this time we can get a response!

3. Collapse Details
    Let's sticky this one for a bit.

4. Collapse Details
    im gonna jump off my balcony if this doesnt happen.

5. Collapse Details
    Rowe Cine LLC
    ..nah.. just throw another tree off.. but write "sony" on it first.. lol

..better yet , just send me an egg and ill drive by and chuck it in the window, and hopefully not hit any of my freinds..

vegas is pretty tops for adding support though. id be flabberghasted if they didnt add it.

6. Collapse Details
    Vegas should be able to do it all!

7. Collapse Details
    I swear . . With you guys wanting more and more high end capabilities from Vegas, I look at my newly acquired DVX and say to my self, "Should I have only but waited a little longer?" Mayaps then I would have gotten the RIGHT camera. I am jesting of course, I have only had my DVX for a few weeks, haven't shot anything more than test footage with it (to be honest, the damn thing almost requires a technical degree to fully understand how to get the most from it, which, by the way is a good thing), and since I was a GL2 user, I thought I knew what I was doing. Wrong on that one. One thing I have found is the DVX is far less forgiving in such things as presets and automation (as I now know they should be), and since joining and reading the many posts here, I am not only satisfied, but more than confident in my purchase.

Now with this particular camera, there are a lot of things one needs to understand which are usually reserved and more associated with photography, but I think that is one of the most selling points of the DVX. I am by no means an expert with it, but as I visit here many times a day, ask questions that are answered with speed, knowledge, and the true desire to inform, I am yet again affirmed with my choice to buy one.

Seriously, since coming to this forum, I was surprised beyond words to find so many people who use, swear by, and enjoy Vegas. I have not upgraded since 4, and to be honest, I had used Vegas primarily because of its native audio friendliness (my primary work thus far has been in After Effects tweaking already shot material and more mainly, sound design), and because Premiere is . . . 'nuff said.

And to think, all this time I was using Vegas mostly for its audio end. Feel free to kick me.

Great camera, even better board. Thanks all.

8. Collapse Details
    Go Vegas Go!

9. Collapse Details
    Have we heard anything from Vegas on this issue?
    The question is not why are we here...it's why do we ask...

10. Collapse Details
    It will be nice to have Vegas support HVX200 HD. Will it happen soon enough? I really do not know.

My fear is that each use will end up with the following question: To whom are you committed more? To Vegas or to HVX200? Maybe I am wrong; I am very new after all

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast