Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    just switched over today for my new feature. thanks for these helpful links, guys!
    Finished two short documentaries in the past 2 years. Writing script for 3rd feature film for planned 2015 production.

Check out my two award-winning DVX100a feature films "Schism" and "There Are No Goodbyes"

Read the lengthy and informative "Schism" DVXUser thread here!

2. Collapse Details
    Lynda.com has release a Final Cut Pro X "Essential Training" course for those that are subscribers to that site.

3. Collapse Details
    Check out this graphic enhanced manual. Can't beat it for 1.99

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/FCPx1.html

4. Collapse Details
    As posted elsewhere (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ates-for-FCP-X) there is an expanding collection of free plug-ins and templates available here:

http://www.fcp.co/forum/9-free-fcpx-...-and-templates

5. Collapse Details
    It's been a few months. Any new resources we should be looking at? BenB. Noah. I'm looking at you!

6. Collapse Details
    Before I download the trial version of FCP X and potentially garbage up my new iMac...

I read the sticky and understand the Apple Support article: HT4722 regarding the installation of FCP X on the same partition as Final Cut Studio (2009).

Does anyone know if this procedure also works with the older FCS 2? (FCP 6.0.6, et al)

Migration Assistant successfully facilitated the move from an MBP OS 10.4.11 to an iMac 27" 3.4ghz OS X Lion. FCP 6 seems to run just fine so far (albeit not at 64bit). All the FCS 2 apps booted successfully, except for Cinema Tools. Most of my critical apps made the jump as well: Raylight, Quicktime 7 Pro, et al.

Thanks for your assistance.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    FCP 6 is not a 64-bit app, so it'll not run as such on any OS. You know Cinema Tools is now built-in to FCP X, right? So what exactly happened to your Cinema Tools?

Here's my freebie mini-tutorials:
    http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/author/Ben-Balser

I'll say this, all of Ripple Training's video series for FCP X and Motion 5, and the Apple Pro Training Series books on FCP X (intro and advanced) are absolutely the BEST training, and best value for your dollar on the market. I'd not waste time on anything else.

Except maybe my own two video courses at macProVideo.

FCP.co is posting great articles and little tutorials and such Mon-Fri that are worth checking out.

8. Collapse Details
    Gentlemen, I lost all proxy files, I think so I switched to original media. Is there a way to regenerate proxies? Sadly I didn't do a camera archive so I cannot re-import the files into Final Cut.

9. Collapse Details
    Select all of the media in the Events viewer, right click, transcode media, and select proxy settings. If you switch to original media though, you should still have your proxies.

10. Collapse Details
    Great thread! Here's one: Apple has a free PDF of their Apple Certified Pro certification exam. Basically, it's ~20 pages of questions and answers about FCPX 10.1. Going through it is a great way to learn / quiz yourself. http://training.apple.com/pdf/fcpx-exam-prep-pro.pdf

I also saw someone posted one of Macbreak Studio's videos. They have a bunch more on their Youtube page that are super helpful.
    SHANE REETZ
    Editor / Videographer / Producer in Public Broadcasting.
    Freelancer.
    AF100 Lover.

shanereetz.com
    vimeo.com/poodus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12