Thread: Show your rigs

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Leggy blonde!

2. Collapse Details
    It has to be said, and I too am guilty of this, that I note with increasing scepticism that we're not seeing so many... shall we say... fully 'wired' rigs?

I mean, once you cable them up so that they actually work, and do all the velcro and rubber-band stuff so you don't accidentally unplug something, it kind of puts the hair-net and rollers and the fluffy slippers on our (ooh, matron) 'leggy blondes'.
    Director/Editor - MDMA Ltd: Write, Shoot, Edit, Publish - Showreel, www.mdma.tv & Blog
    EX1 x2, C100 --> FCPX & now CS6

3. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    This is not a fancy rig, but I think that the photo turned out very nice... My FS-100 with F mount Vivitar Series 1 28-105mm f2.8-3.5 Macro Zoom lens with Lilliput monitor on Miller sticks and head.

fS-100 cced cropped.jpg

Shoot with a T2i and kit lens.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Don't remember if I ever posted this but every time I see it I just laugh.
    Stupid
    Sony FS7's (x2) / Sony FS100's (x2) / BMCC 2.5/

'Philip Bloom Certified Cinematographer'

5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Crafters of Light's Avatar
    @ David G. Smith
    you gotta get a picture of it with the squirrle.
    The world is full of examples of fantastic talent that never went through formal training.
    Their strongest gift was perseverance.

6. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafters of Light View Post
    @ David G. Smith
    you gotta get a picture of it with the squirrle.
    Ahh... Vilmos Squirrel went union and I can't afford his day rate now!
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

7. Collapse Details
    New FS100 owner; still assembling my rig. A few more doo-dads to order, but here's a preliminary build:

Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

8. Collapse Details
    Almost there . . .

Still waiting on one more forgotten part to be delivered until I can mount my Kinotehnik EVF. I was happy to find this Chrosziel cold-shoe rail to fit the top screws on the FS100. The 4.7" rail fits the top of the FS100 nicely (though, I had to put 3/8" thread adapters onto the 1/4"-20 Chrosziel screws to fit the Sony threads). This is where the 15mm rail for the Kinotehnik will mount. I've decided to create two LWS rail systems: 1. Studio set-up with 7" monitor, 2. ENG set-up with the Kinotehnik EVF.

Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

9. Collapse Details
    Now, the quick-release plate I need to build the second rig is on back-order, so my handheld rig will have to wait. This rig is proving a bit more tricky to design--note that the bridge-plate shown here is mounted upside-down for a lower-profile. I may need a second dovetail to extend the mount rearward for a proper CG, but I'm really trying to keep the weight at a minimum on these builds, so the less metal the better. Here it is so far, with my Lectrosonics receiver attached:

I power the 7" monitor (when in studio configuration), and the Kinotehnik EVF with a Gold-Mount Switronix brick (the only non-Anton Bauer bricks I could find which are still compatible with my Anton Bauer quad-charger), so the Gold-Mount adapter will go on the rear. I'm still toying with handle extension ideas, but I think a simple rod extension using a swiveling Shape bracket may be good enough.

10. Collapse Details
    I finally received my cold-shoe rod brackets that I forgot to order. I chose not to use the mount included with the Kinotehnik EVF (it's heavy, and I had no idea how it's supposed to tighten on a non-locking cold-shoe). Instead, I used two 15mm rod brackets, screwed-down tightly onto the Chrosziel rail. Adding a second cold-shoe bracket made for a really solid EVF mount. I used an offset bracket to re-position the EVF more forward:

By the way, I'm pretty satisfied with the Kinotehnik EVF (purchased used off of eBay, but looks brand new). It's bright, sharp, and has almost no lag (it does have some). The plastic-ey diopter mechanism is less than ideal, but it works just fine. The included Kinotehnik DC cable works as it should when plugged into my Gold Mount brick adapter's D-tap. Note: Always be sure check the polarity of your D-tap, since some D-taps are un-keyed, and reversing the polarity will fry whatever you're plugging in if it lacks protection circuitry (which many devices lack).

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast