Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Good deal. Yeah, he's good.

FYI: He's got a zombie movie coming out (in case you didn't know). It's been shot, and he's tightening up the edit right now: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...S-quot-Feature!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    Good deal. Yeah, he's good.

FYI: He's got a zombie movie coming out (in case you didn't know). It's been shot, and he's tightening up the edit right now: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...S-quot-Feature!
    Oh, I know. He's a crazy sob in that one. It's hilarious from the grabs I've seen.
    //edit: The one liners I mean. I love those lines. It looks great though. Really good. Put me down for one. Money is in the bank. Let me know where to send it.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 07-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

3. Collapse Details
    A quick plug for Marlon. Just cause he deserves it. Cheers Hawk. Great thread and short.

"Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

4. Collapse Details
    @4100xpb (what does your name mean?!), Thank you! If anything, I just want to hone my skills to get better and better. I guess I could tell you about the backstory we created with him, but that would seem to much like i'm trying to defend my piece I think. It's quite possible we built too much story OFF screen and not enough ON screen.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Hawk. Fair enough - if this was a focus on your technical skills, then you definitely improved from last time. I can definitely see this as being part of something much bigger than what was presented on screen here.

My name comes from this:

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord.T View Post
    A quick plug for Marlon. Just cause he deserves it. Cheers Hawk. Great thread and short.

Thanks, Gord! I appreciate the compliments and the plug for the film (I'm doing my best to make sure it knocks people's socks off). Hawk did an excellent job on Apropos and I'm just so glad that we could help.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

6. Collapse Details
    I am going to have to go down a different path here. I did not like the slow-mo set up. You can cut it out and it will in no way harm the film which is why I don't think it was effective.

Funny, when I saw the running water on the bathtub facet I thought I had reloaded "Trickle" by mistake - Jung said we are a collective thought.

Your main actor was good, but... he had no one to play off of. Girl whimpering. Long monologue. You "told" me the story you didn't show me the story. When he showed her the cell phone I would have liked an insert shot of a photo of her on the phone, didn't happen.

This was not your best project in my opinion. This was on the low end because it was predictable. I knew what was going to happen before it happened. Pacing in beginning was slow. You gave me gravy but forgot to serve me the meat. I'll give you props for a good actor. Too bad he didn't have dialogue to play off another actor. It just didn't do it for me, Hawky.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Ladd View Post
    Thanks, Gord! I appreciate the compliments and the plug for the film (I'm doing my best to make sure it knocks people's socks off). Hawk did an excellent job on Apropos and I'm just so glad that we could help.
    Looking good! I can't wait to see it.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

8. Collapse Details
    Charli, who asked y- oh, right. I did.

Thanks for the honesty. That's what I was hoping for. Yeah, when I saw the poster for Trickle after we shot (with the faucet in there), I started thinking, "What if they make the same short? Has that happened before?"

Yeah, I contemplated having an insert of her photo but decided against it. Might not have been as effective.

Again, thanks for your critiques. I learned from you on FictionFest, and now VillainFest.

9. Collapse Details
    I liked the idea but wanted a lot more. I think the shots were good. But I really need more from a short then I got. Good job though.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."

10. Collapse Details
    Like I said, Hawk is becoming a beast, which would make you a distant relative of manimal. Congrats to you and marlon!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast