Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher, 2011)
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

2. Collapse Details
    I never saw the original movie, was it good?
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    It was okay.

Lisbeth Salander is a very interesting character, but the story itself is a relatively paint-by-numbers murder mystery.

The most memorable and shocking moments of the film were just a sub-plot and didn't involve the main mystery at all.

4. Collapse Details
    The original didn't do anything for me. Mostly because of the third act problems.
    ---
    Writer / Director / Producer
    "MARIANNE"

http://mariannemovie.tumblr.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    I thought the first one was pretty entertaining; the second one was silly and boring; and the third one was OK, but mostly because I like courtroom dramas.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Giriki View Post
    Ps. When will Americans learn to read subtitles?
    My eyes are rolling so much it's starting to hurt. This remake wasn't made for any other reason aside from money. I enjoyed the original for what it was (I'm an American and I watched it with subtitles, by the way) and I like Fincher, so I'll give the remake a chance.

Watch my first feature film Carte Blanche online, for free!

IMDb

Vimeo

7. Collapse Details
    I liked the original. Didn't see Hornet's Nest or Fire, just Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty intense.
    "Trying to make a movie in Hollywood is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it." - Douglas Adams

8. Collapse Details
    We recently "blogged" about the original: http://badguyfilms-blog.com/post/583...-dragon-tattoo

With this being a mystery thriller, not sure if I have any excessive desire to see the remake. They'd need to make a bunch of changes to the story to make it worth a second viewing.

I'm not a big fan at all of North Americanizing Foreign Films, especially recent films that hold up great on their own (other than the crime of having to read subtitles). BUT, if I was to ever choose to watch a remake over an original, Fincher and the cast make this an intriguing prospect.

9. Collapse Details
    The original film was a breath of fresh air last year. Well paced, excellent mood, beautiful cinematography, incredible lead performance; gripping mystery thriller. Unfortunately the direct sequel was pretty boring (until the end), and the third film suffered because of it (though it was pretty good overall).

With Trent Reznor doing the soundtrack (that his cover of Led Zeppelin in the teaser), and David Fincher at the helm, I will certainly see it. Just perhaps not in the theater. I'm pretty surprised that I'm even remotely excited to see a remake of an excellent film I just saw for the first time a year ago.

10. Collapse Details
    Just curious what other people thought of this movie now that it's out.

Personally, I read the books first, more than a year ago, they are excellent, much better than either movie. I tried watching the Swedish version of the films but barely got through the first. They cut way too much out from the book and I thought it was horribly mis-cast. I've never minded reading subtitles, but I think it makes it hard to make a connection with the characters when you have to read what they are saying instead of listening their performance, so that may have been part of why I didn't like the casting. But just the look of them was completely unrealistic to me (probably because I read the books first and already had my own opinionon everyone).

I thought the new movie was great, much truer to the book. They obviously had to take a lot out for time, which took a lot away from the story, but I think they did the best job they could. Soundtrack was great, casting was great in most cases.

My biggest problem with the movie was the dumbass that walked out during the rape scene with his 10 year old. Who the hell takes a 10 year old to an R rated movie without knowing what to expect. Especially since everything I've seen on the movie clearly says excessive sexual violence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast