Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Batteries for the FS100....
    So this will be my first Sony camera (other than a TRV940 years ago), and so I am not well versed on the battery options.

Sony batteries? Which will work?

Second hand batteries? Any recommendations?

Multi-chargers? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Rick
    formerly know as grimepoch.

2. Collapse Details
    As I said in the other thread http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...s-Sony-NP-F970

My NX5 which is NXCAM just like the FS100 does NOT accept third party batteries I use in my Z7. It says: "Battery overheating" and switches off.

3. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Does the FS100 have a DC in?

I hope to run the camera, moitor, recorder, light, transmitter andwhatnot from a single V-mount battery.
    But there are different voltages and plugs of course.

Someone posted a link to a chinese made V-mount plate that supports 3 different voltages on 3 connectors, but I donīt speak Chinese and the site has no English version. Kinda stuck.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

4. Collapse Details
    I plan on buying a Genuine Sony NP-F970 from Amazon for $100
    that should run all day and I can keep the NP-F770 (2/3rd capacity) that comes with the camera as backup
    I also have a Genuine NP-F570 (1/3rd the capacity of F970) that I use with my TV-logic VFM-056WP as a slim battery and I can also use this on the FS100 (i got this on an ebay auction for $18)
    Just stick with the genuine Sony batteries

the fakes all have a PACMAN like symbol on the battery, just look out for those fakes cuz they won't work on some cameras like the NX5 and maybe even the FS100

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks, and I agree! I DO NOT want to get stuck with a useless battery. So which battery lasts 7 hours? I think I will go look up some further specs because sometimes I need my camera lighter so I want to see the difference in weights.

Has anyone seen a multicharger?
    formerly know as grimepoch.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burnett View Post
    Thanks, and I agree! I DO NOT want to get stuck with a useless battery. So which battery lasts 7 hours? I think I will go look up some further specs because sometimes I need my camera lighter so I want to see the difference in weights.

The NP-F970 is quoted in Sony's brochure as getting 510 min. 8.5 hours. I assume the NP-F7X0 gets about 5 hours.

The camera seems to have a DC in may use some kind of special Sony plug (Sony AC-VL1 charger/ac adapter) based on past experiences.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixGER View Post
    As I said in the other thread http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...s-Sony-NP-F970

My NX5 which is NXCAM just like the FS100 does NOT accept third party batteries I use in my Z7. It says: "Battery overheating" and switches off.
    Felix, stating that a camera does not accept third party batteries is a little too broad. It all boils down to the Sony handshake protocol, which the camera uses to id the battery. Many manufacturers reverse engineered that protocol and sell Sony replacement batteries for years, making the cameras think that they are powered by real Sony batteries. It might be that the particular one you tried to use was not able to do exactly that. Off coarse I can not be 100% sure which one will work, as I do not own the camera to try it out (we carry Lenmar brand for years, which worked fine with the other Sony cams), but even if Sony changed something in their protocol to make it more difficult to defeat, it will not be too long before the Asian manufacturers will figure it out :-)

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burnett View Post
    We make several different models for the NP-F970 batteries.
    Please visit our website, or order through B&H, Abel Cine or any other major dealers (the list is on our website).
    HTH

9. Collapse Details
    Hey Alex,

Anything like the SWIT S-8U62 with dc power for the nano?

Thanks!

10. Collapse Details
    Nope :-(
    Spoke too soon. Swit makes one, we can get you a NPF-970 replacement with a DC jack built in. The part number S-8972

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast