Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    with the horrible lighting guys i deal with, yes the lighting does change lol

2. Collapse Details
    I'm editing a project for someone making an artistic piece about dance and poetry. He shot the footage with a DVX 100, but a lot of it is overexposed. There's one more shoot left, so I offered to go along and help out. I'm hoping we can avoid overexposure this time.

We're shooting outdoors, light will likely be bright summer sunshine. The talents will have heavy white makeup on their faces. What zebra stripe setting should we use? And what's the best way to adjust exposure on the DVX? Pardon my ignorance, I've never used this camera.

Thanks in advance,
    -H

3. Collapse Details
    Well, heavy white makeup changes things, obviously... but if you want to ensure nothing is overexposed, set your zebras on 95 and make sure that they never show up.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice, Barry. So we should just stop the camera down, or are NDs or polarizers recommended ?
    Sorry, but I don't know this camera.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Barry. So we should just stop the camera down, or are NDs or polarizers recommended ?Sorry, but I don't know this camera.
    The rules would be the same for any camera. If shallow DOF is important than use the built in NDs. Otherwise use the aperture/iris to reduce light.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bgundu View Post
    The rules would be the same for any camera. If shallow DOF is important than use the built in NDs. Otherwise use the aperture/iris to reduce light.
    Thank you, understood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12