1. Collapse Details
    Lenses wit Optical image stabilisation and autofocus support
    I know only two lenses for FS100 with Optical image stabilisation and auto focus support:
    Sony E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS
    Sony E 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

there is more?

2. Collapse Details
    I'm pretty sure any sony alpha mount lens should work with these things if you use the sony alpha adapter. Don't quote me on that though.

This would mean there are a bunch of sigma and tamron lenses that have OIS should work among others.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    I'm pretty sure any sony alpha mount lens should work with these things if you use the sony alpha adapter. Don't quote me on that though.

This would mean there are a bunch of sigma and tamron lenses that have OIS should work among others.
    With the Sony LA-E1 adapter ($148.50 at Amazon), and A-mount lenses, you get auto-exposure plus limited autofocus. Image stabilization is available for A-mount lenses that have it built-in. There are challenges with getting third party lenses to autofocus.

Here is a review of the adapter that spells it out, using one of the small NEX cameras as a testbed. FS100/A-mount lens compatibility may be different.
    Hybrid Camera Revolution
    http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com
    FZ150/GH1/GH2/TM900

4. Collapse Details
    The reviews at amazon on the Sony LA-E1 adapter are not encouraging. 5 Seconds to get focus says one person, not acceptable for stills, definitely not for video, how can anyone advertise autofocus as a possibility for video using A-mount lenses?
    Last edited by Kraut69; 05-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraut69 View Post
    The reviews at amazon on the Sony LA-E1 adapter are not encouraging. 5 Seconds to get focus says one person, not acceptable for stills, definitely not for video, how can anyone advertise autofocus as a possibility for video?
    If you want auto focus for video, buy a video camera with a fixed lens.

6. Collapse Details
    It is entirely possible that AF will be pretty useless on most lenses. Maybe it will be best on native e-mount lenses like the kit lens, but it also seems likely that for 35mm AF will be a whole different thing than small sensor cameras. I don't even trust AF on 1/3" cameras, I certainly wouldn't trust it with far less depth of field.

As for OS and electronic aperture control, sigma/tamron make plenty of good lenses with OS and sony/sigma/tamron/zeiss all have lenses that will work with the electronic aperture with that sony adapter.

7. Collapse Details
    my self i think video AF on dslr - is a very stupid idea from the begining , how it will choose or decide where to focus? only u can tell where u want it to focus. auto focus will works only on small sensor as there is simply EVERYTHING in focus, so i would say just forget it, u transfer to DSLR just 1 major reason in general - u want to play with focus, well maybe with low light as well - and there is no such thing as AF.......... the only thing i would want is IS/OIS .......