Thread: Highest ISO?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Highest ISO?
    #1
    Default
    I see everyone talking about ISO's etc. The only thing I can find is the Gain settings. Is +18 the highest it goes or is there something else in there that I am missing?
    I was doing an extreme low-light shoot the other day and need more outta it. I finally did a slow-shutter to compensate, but it was less than ideal.
    Thanks!


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member nyvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,101
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingTheCandy View Post
    I see everyone talking about ISO's etc. The only thing I can find is the Gain settings. Is +18 the highest it goes or is there something else in there that I am missing?
    I was doing an extreme low-light shoot the other day and need more outta it. I finally did a slow-shutter to compensate, but it was less than ideal.
    Thanks!
    18db is the max on the f3. It has been suggested that 0db is equivalent to iso800 sensitivity, and 6db of gain is defined as a boost to twice the sensitivity so 6db=iso1600, 12=3200, 18=6400. That is what people are referring to. The fs100 however, does go to 30db.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Default
    OK. Thanks!


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    G.P.
    Guest
    Default
    there is a setting in the menu to show either gain or iso, thats why you're seeing people talk about iso as well. your camera can show either or


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    12,165
    Default
    you needed more than 18db out of a f3?

    wow.
    Director of Photography
    www.timurcivan.com www.tstopcinema.com 917-589-4424
    Visit my blog: T.stops : <- click here
    "He who thinks interms of catching mice, will never catch Lions."


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    you needed more than 18db out of a f3?

    wow.
    Seriously, I was overexposed with a single candle.

    http://blog.abelcine.com/2011/04/07/...e-sony-pmw-f3/
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Default
    Hey, some of us peasants still have to run at f2.0!!


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    12,165
    Default
    Dude......

    A T2?!

    @ 6400 iso and a T2 I can light a valley with 4 2.5k hmis and a pile of flashlights... turn your cell phone on if you need more light....


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #9
    Default
    LOL! It was a difficult situation in a movie theater where we wanted to use natural light. (reflecting off of the audience from the screen). I told the director that we could use iPhones to light them! ;-)


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #10
    Senior Member Lumiere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    359
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    Dude......

    A T2?!

    @ 6400 iso and a T2 I can light a valley with 4 2.5k hmis and a pile of flashlights... turn your cell phone on if you need more light....

    +1


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •