Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I just got my T2i in today and I cannot install the MagicLantern software. I'm at the step where I need to copy MagicLantern.fir onto the formatted (low level) SDXC card and my T2i says "Cannot find firmware update". Also my T2i is properly updated to 1.09. What's wrong?

2. Collapse Details
    Figured out the problem, the magiclantern.fir step has to be done on an SDHC card and NOT an SDXC card. However the autoexec file CAN be on an SDXC. Everything works now!

One more question: How do I get White Balance to be back to AUTO? Magic Lantern doesn't appear to allow me to do this just "auto tuning" but not auto? NOTE: This is in Movie Mode.

3. Collapse Details
    To use auto white-balance you need to use the default Canon menu. You can do this by accessing the Q-menu. If you had a Kelvin WB temp selected, then the space where the WB icon should be in the Canon Q-menu will be blank, but you can still highlight the blank space and make changes using the top dial.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by deltoidjohn View Post
    To use auto white-balance you need to use the default Canon menu. You can do this by accessing the Q-menu. If you had a Kelvin WB temp selected, then the space where the WB icon should be in the Canon Q-menu will be blank, but you can still highlight the blank space and make changes using the top dial.
    +1

Remember, the Canon functions in the native menus still work, however ML can let you set them to new values (ones that the original may not have presented to you). Going back and changing the setting in the Canon menu will still work as expected.
    The same is true of, for example intermediate ISO values. If you set the ISO to 640 in ML, then use the regular Canon controls to set it back down to 200, your ISO just changed from 640 to 200, regardless of which menu it was accessed from.

Making movies, and the internet a happier place.
    Twitter: @theRombus
    Click Here to view my Techcitement articles

Sony | Panasonic | Canon
    Vintage lens fanatic | More accessories than I care to list anymore

5. Collapse Details
    Does it work without any drawbacks with the 60D?

6. Collapse Details
    Dear Mr Gilden,
    can I suggest incorporating the following links into your opening post?

Unified user guide - http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unified/UserGuide#histogram

U
    nified installation guide - http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unified/Install#Step_2._Installation

D
    ownloads page - it's all here - http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/60D

H
    aving all these resources on the one page might help those who are starting out and finding the extensive resources on the whole ML thing a bit intimidating. It's big news that ML for aspc cameras is now unified too. Congrats to a1ex for all the graft..
    Last edited by mr bill; 08-22-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    GH4, Contax Zeiss primes, Ninja Blade, Avid Symphony

7. Collapse Details
    Indeed, I have updated the first post to reflect links for the unified version.

Making movies, and the internet a happier place.
    Twitter: @theRombus
    Click Here to view my Techcitement articles

Sony | Panasonic | Canon
    Vintage lens fanatic | More accessories than I care to list anymore

8. Collapse Details
    This came at the right moment... since I've just announced a new stable release: bit.ly/​ml-aug22

9. Collapse Details
    I have also uploaded it few days ago..!!

10. Collapse Details
    Having an issue with cropmarks that I didn't see mentioned in the manual anymore. In an older release-around January I think, we were able to have cropmarks in playback mode by pressing "Q" when the cropmarks feature was selected. For the past couple months, I haven't been able to figure out how to get them in playback. I see the all modes function, but that doesn't do it. Has this feature been disabled?

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast