1. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the Canon APS-C section! (where did all the stickes go?)
    Some of you may have noticed that the Canon DSLR section is going through some changes.

Since there are so many new models from Canon that now offer similar features and capabilities, we felt it important to reorganize and expand the section's title to include all currently available options.

As of this writing, that includes (but not limited to):
    • Canon 7D
    • Canon T2i (also called the 550D in some markets)
    • Canon 60D
    • Canon T3i (also called the 600D in some markets)

All 4 of these models have the same lens mount and sensor size (approximately a 1.6x crop, roughly the same size as a standard APS-C lens), and all produce nearly identical looking footage.

Note that the 5D is NOT part of this section, because unlike the cameras listed here, the 5D is a larger full-frame camera, producing different looking images and is not compatible with cropped-sensor lenses (despite being a similar mount).

That being said, I have taken down many of the older sticky threads and consolidated them into this one for future reference:

Thread: Comparison Video / Explanation: Canon Rebel T2i vs. Canon EOS 7D

Bloom: 7D & 5dmkII TESTED on BIG SCREEN for Lucas. Shot / Tested at Skywalker Ranch!

Thread: Rodney Charters ASC on HDSLR's, and more

Please try to keep posts in the appropriate sections so that the forum stays organized. Lens discussion goes in the lens section, and most importantly footage examples go in their appropriately named section.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SAMPLE VIDEOS IN THE MAIN DISCUSSION SECTION. People coming to this section to discuss the ins-and-outs of cameras aren't interested in seeing your latest demonstration of your cat sleeping on the sofa. If you want to share your footage with other users to get feedback, etc, please post in the appropriate section.

NOTE: we are aware that the footage sections are currently limited to T2i and 7D currently. We are working to rectify that soon. In the mean time, place your 60D and t3i footage in whichever one you feel is more appropriate, but please list the camera in the title so we can organize it easily soon.

Thank you for all your cooperation, hope we continue to have a lively, fun and educational community here at DVXuser!
    Need Adobe CS Production Studio? I happen to have one retail box for sale!
    Making movies, and the internet a happier place.
    Twitter: @theRombus
    Click Here to view my Techcitement articles

Black Panasonic GH2 | Silver Panasonic GH2 | Bunch of Canon DSLRs w/Magic Lantern and audio monitoring | DVX100
    Vintage lens fanatic | More accessories than I care to list anymore

2. Collapse Details
    why not merge the footage sections? (seeing as the video output is identical across all the aps-c canon DSLR's anyway)
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J Davis View Post
    why not merge the footage sections? (seeing as the video output is identical across all the aps-c canon DSLR's anyway)
    Its an idea. We're still working on organizing things.

Meanwhile, just FYI- I was careful to say "nearly" identical footage. Many people will tell you they can still see a subtle difference side by side.
    Last edited by M. Gilden; 05-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Need Adobe CS Production Studio? I happen to have one retail box for sale!
    Making movies, and the internet a happier place.
    Twitter: @theRombus
    Click Here to view my Techcitement articles

Black Panasonic GH2 | Silver Panasonic GH2 | Bunch of Canon DSLRs w/Magic Lantern and audio monitoring | DVX100
    Vintage lens fanatic | More accessories than I care to list anymore

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gilden View Post
    Meanwhile, just FYI- I was careful to say "nearly" identical footage. Many people will tell you they can still see a subtle difference side by side.
    I know .. people love to nitpick and argue the difference. Its kinda like a knee-jerk reaction to the justify the money they have just invested.
    The reality is that all of these Canon DSLR's are still cameras.
    7d has wireless flash control an 17 auto focus points ... thats where the extra money is going, not on enhancing video quality.

I think its fairly likely that soon we will see a canon aps-c camcorder and then a new round of canon DSLR's with better OPLF and downsampling. That's when we will need a new section. (to separate the new video quality from the old)
    Last edited by J Davis; 05-05-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

5. Collapse Details
    Just saw your title "Canon DSLR Moderator" nice one. Good to see this section has its own moderator
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com