1. Collapse Details
    HDR-FX7 Noise Floor
    Hi guys,

When I'm jacking an electro-static mic in, it's creating a noise floor. I useally work with the automatic sound on. This noise floor is really anoying because I'm doying interviews and I consider this not acceptable for broadcasting.

You got any clues how to atenuate or make it stop?

thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    What kind of mic is it? What are the camera audio settings? Are you applying phantom power? Have you tried different cables? Have you tried the mic with a different device?
    "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

3. Collapse Details
    The mic I use is a AudioTechnica Wireless Mic, It comes out from XRL3 to 1/4" Jack, then to 1/8" Jack in cam. Only 2 audio settings, Automatic and Manual (with manual control not much), Their is no Phantom Power since it's a 1/8" Jack in for mics. Whe only got this device in the job.

Since it's a Wireles mic, it's got it's own power. And for other electro-static mic I always try to apply power with batteries.

Thanks for asking those specs.