1. Collapse Details
    Outdoorsy footages
    Its been three years nineteen days since I got my DVX... seems like a lot longer. Here's some (seriously, SOME) of the footage I've shot in that time.

2. Collapse Details
    always love your stuff man. There was some bike video you did a while back that totally captivated me. One question, how did you get the light trailers around the 40-second mark?

3. Collapse Details
    1/6th slow shutter then adding a little motion blur in after effects. Its almost impossible to add if you dont have some already.
    Glad you like my stuff man!
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    one is french and its different for that reason.

4. Collapse Details
    Sweet!

5. Collapse Details
    Well done

6. Collapse Details
    Excellent, excellent editing...

7. Collapse Details
    Hey, I know this thread is about 3 years old, but I have to ask... I watched a mountain bike video of two guys racing down a run. I believe it was done by the OP, but was that video filmed using a DVX100? The footage was very detailed and sharp.

I am looking for a video camera for shooting videos that will only be displayed on Youtube or other online sites. I currently have an old Sony Camcorder and would like to update to better camera. I keep reading the reviews of the the DVX100b. I realize it's not HD, but I don't think I need HD for online vids.

I enjoyed the footage of these videos and am really curious of what camera was used to shoot the mountain bike video.

Thanks,
    Dennis

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dlt123me View Post
    Hey, I know this thread is about 3 years old, but I have to ask... I watched a mountain bike video of two guys racing down a run. I believe it was done by the OP, but was that video filmed using a DVX100? The footage was very detailed and sharp.

I am looking for a video camera for shooting videos that will only be displayed on Youtube or other online sites. I currently have an old Sony Camcorder and would like to update to better camera. I keep reading the reviews of the the DVX100b. I realize it's not HD, but I don't think I need HD for online vids.

I enjoyed the footage of these videos and am really curious of what camera was used to shoot the mountain bike video.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    how much money you got? what kind of computer/editing software?
    If you have little money and a slow computer, I would say you go with the dvx.
    If you got about 1,000 and more, you're better off with a DSLR and good lenses.
    I kind of get the impression that youtube users are spoiled with canon ti image quality, so I recommend a DSLR or just any good true HD cam.
    You're able to shoot really nice colors and image like 16mm, but I really think that dvx100 has any kind of future. it's sad, because I own one myself.
    Everybody I show a still image says that it doesn't look professional because of the resolution !
    That makes me very angry, because everybody can shoot with a DSLR and get sharp images.
    Film isn't about getting as much detail and sharpness as passible, but youtube-communities....
    well...buy something else if you got the money.
    DVX images won't look as good on a big flat HD screen as they do on a normal 4:3 TV screen.
    It's just sad.

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reply. I am sad to hear this, since the DVX has such a fan base and has great reviews. My funds at this point is limited since I have to purchase a new computer to do video editing and I am also going to buy Adobe CS6 After Effects and Premier Pro suite as well.

I will be buying another camera after I recoup from these purchases.

Thanks,
    Dennis

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dlt123me View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I am sad to hear this, since the DVX has such a fan base and has great reviews. My funds at this point is limited since I have to purchase a new computer to do video editing and I am also going to buy Adobe CS6 After Effects and Premier Pro suite as well.

I will be buying another camera after I recoup from these purchases.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    I paid 400 for a used dvx, 60 for a close up lens, 100 for tele-, 80 for widelens, 20 for tapes, 100 for light, 100 for mic, 25 for a suitcase, 100 for additional lenses..-but I use an old pc and a version of vegas that cost me nearly nothing. but then I also got a sgblade and lenses because the image quality of the dvx for film lookisn't that good. all in all I would say I paid more than 1,500 for everything.
    euro by the way.

if you get a new pc, you should buy something like the canon ti at least. panasonic gh2 is great.
    but I think DSLR is just different. you can do more with the dvx, but the image quality sucks compared to HD.

in 2006 the dvx was really the best you could get for less money, but after taht time...I don't know when, everyone moved to HD and DSLR,..better get a HVX and an 35mm adapter, or dslr if you just want to shoot without doing difficult action sequenzes.
    If you wanta camera for talking in front of, then I would buy a dslr.
    but if you like grainy 16mm look, you can still get the dvx100, because you dont have to do (much) post (colorcorrection ans stuff).
    depends on what you want to do with the cam.
    I wanted to do everything from TV documentation to 16mm film-look, I m really happy..but nobody likes the image quality any more. and that really sucks.its also a good cam for skaters ;)

it really depends on what youre planning to do with the camera...and then how much money you got.