Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb72378 View Post
    First of all my post wasn't "biased." It's just my opinion. I wasn't hacking on anything. I even stated that dslr's produce a nice film like image. I did not mean to rub you the wrong way. It's just one guy's opinion. I don't have any issues with dslr's nor with the issue of people choosing them over other cameras. And I def. didn't say anything about or deny "quality" of either camera.

I apologize for offering my opinion. I thought you wanted people to chime in. It seems that you have your mind made up about the DSLR considering you are defending it sooo much when there is no need to be defensive. I merely wanted to say....I personally prefer the HPX500. DSLR's are nice but not my cup of tea (PERSONALLY/OPINION). If I want the film like quality I'll rent a red.

How old are you? You act like a child + why did you care that I did not comment on your post. Screaming for attention much?

It's impossible to do a thread like this because of people like you, I dont care about a red nor any other camera that was not mentioned. All I asked was the benefits yet you chimed in on some other stuff.

You had your opinion well this is mine, Time To Grow Up

2. Collapse Details
    Wow, Mr. Vision. I think you need to step back a bit. Your first post states you are a noob and you want to know why the HPX-500 is considered better. That is quite a loaded starting point to your thread.

Listen, cameras are cameras. I have used a lot of them and using them remains constant. You use the HPX-500 or ENG camera in the same way you use or can use a DSLR for video. Focus, exposure, framing, audio all to be used.

I am wondering what you are trying to figure out starting a "thread like this"? A less defensive tone might yield more information. Just sayin'...

3. Collapse Details
    Poor mb72378 - and agreed with Bassman! This is outrageous and childish behaviour and by god you really do owe mb an apolagy... This is just the kind of behaviour we so often see when a new product type inspires a range of pretentious 'noobs'? who feel the egotistical need to trump up there ten minute zeitgeist for all to see.

God what a joke, i think the mods should consider locking this or deleting it - its a one of a million noob pick a fight threads...
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

4. Collapse Details
    Relax boys. It is chocolate and vanilla. Just use what you like and don't slam a guy for liking the other flavor. I have both an Hpx-500 and a 7D. I myself like chocolate and vanilla and am very partial to the RED flavor...(but that is off topic).

Make movies....Have fun!
    Paul
    Lizardlandvideo.com
    Latexfilmservice.com
    Camera and Grip Electric Rentals in Dallas and Shreveport
    Phoenix Video Productions

5. Collapse Details
    HAHAHA, red flavor tastes nice. I really do think that the Canon 5d Mark ii produces some very pretty pictures. I haven't looked into the 7d though. Ill have to check it out.
    HVX200
    Libec LS38
    15" MacBook Pro i7 Quad-Core 8GB Ram
    24" Imac 2.9 Duo 4GB Ram
    Final Cut Studio
    Adobe Production Premium CS5.5
    http://www.mbowdenproductions.com

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Poor mb72378 - and agreed with Bassman! This is outrageous and childish behaviour and by god you really do owe mb an apolagy... This is just the kind of behaviour we so often see when a new product type inspires a range of pretentious 'noobs'? who feel the egotistical need to trump up there ten minute zeitgeist for all to see.

God what a joke, i think the mods should consider locking this or deleting it - its a one of a million noob pick a fight threads...
    So now you feel the need for name calling? The ONLY person who brought negativity here was mb72378 , I just told him I did not care for it.

Noob in the sense of an Hpx500, but far from noob when it comes to this Vision. At the end of the day it is impossible to have this discussion with people who are so sensitive about their cameras. I commend Kolor-Pikker On keeping it professional and would suggest everyone to learn something from him

Good Day

/End of thread

7. Collapse Details
    You guys are unbelievable.

I'll read this thread again in the morning and decide if someone will get a time out. Maybe. I'm too tired for this stuff now.

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

8. Collapse Details
    I tried to match the 5D to the HPX-500 (using a chart) and pretty much gave up because to get the colors correct on the 5D I have to push to the level of posterization and it still was not true. So if you are shooting for broadcast the true "video" cameras have an edge because that is what they are built for.
    Two words: Picture styles. Using the picture style editor, it's possible to photograph the chart, adjust colors in the editor as you see fit, save changes as a style and upload it to the camera via EOS utility.
    Picture styles are applied to the recorded image before it is encoded, so technically the best way to go about using dSLR cameras is to "pre-grade" your footage so you get close to the intended look in-camera, and then make only small adjustments afterwards. You can read more about it here: http://www.canon.co.jp/imaging/pictu...tor/index.html

I apologize for offering my opinion. I thought you wanted people to chime in. It seems that you have your mind made up about the DSLR considering you are defending it sooo much when there is no need to be defensive. I merely wanted to say....I personally prefer the HPX500. DSLR's are nice but not my cup of tea (PERSONALLY/OPINION). If I want the film like quality I'll rent a red.
    It's also my opinion that I'd choose to use my 370 over the 5D for most purposes, and it only has a 1/3" sensor. dSLRs are great special effects cameras, I'll give em that, but I'd probably intercut footage from other cameras too.

Edit: wtf? where did all the trolling come from while I was typing up this post?

9. Collapse Details
    No negativity here
    HVX200
    Libec LS38
    15" MacBook Pro i7 Quad-Core 8GB Ram
    24" Imac 2.9 Duo 4GB Ram
    Final Cut Studio
    Adobe Production Premium CS5.5
    http://www.mbowdenproductions.com

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the link about the picture styles, but I am trying to figure out this fit for a video workflow. I shoot RAW with my still work and I have custom profiles for still processing in Adobe Lightroom, so I am familiar with the process. But the link you sent seems like it only applies to RAW processing in the Canon software in an RGB color space (computer monitor). How would you go about setting the camera up for YUV? Maybe importing the adjusted image into an NLE then re-adjusting over and over?

Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast