Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The AC-130 is the model number of a US Air Force warplane that you can use to attack military targets on the ground. Many of us DVX users have probably chopped up a lot of enemy infantry and vehicles in the Call of Duty video game series with an AC-130. The actual warplane did some serious damage in the Afghanistan as well. Some war vets refer to it as "flying death on black wings." But you probably won't be able to wiki that reference.

2. Collapse Details
    Here's a description of the aircraft:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
    Hi,

First, I am missing the Enemy 130 or spooky/specter reference. Can someone explain? Thanks, maybe it is just not enough coffee yet.

So yes it they all have a SD Video out and HDMI out. The 160 has HD-SDI out.

The Pricing:
    The AC130 under $4000
    The AC160 under $5500
    The HPX250 under $6500

Best,

Jan
    Thanks Jan!

It seems to me for $1000, it's totally probly worth the cost unless you don't dig P2 cost. The dual slot SD recording is boss, and slightly negates some of p2's advantage. Good stuff with both cams though.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    The dual slot SD recording is boss, and slightly negates some of p2's advantage. Good stuff with both cams though.
    That is a bit of a decision. 10-bit AVC-Intra at 4:2:2, vs. 8-bit AVCHD at 4:2:0 but on cheaper memory cards that can be simultaneously recorded. I think the AC160 would be the events camera of choice for someone who has to hand off media to the client at the end of the day -- you can keep one card for yourself if the client (invariably) loses it, deletes stuff, formats it, or complains that you didn't give them the right footage, or whatever -- you'd have a backup. For those that are already integrated into a P2 workflow or who need 4:2:2 or 10-bit or AVC-Intra, the HPX250 would be the obvious choice. And for those who can't afford either or who don't need all that the top two offer, the AC130 gives you most of the goods for quite a bit less.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Boncrek View Post
    Can anyone check for me if the AC130/AC160 has RCA video out? I want t oknow if it'll be compatible with the Steadicam Pilot stage and monitor which only feature RCA video.
    I asked and was told that they will both have RCA composite video outputs.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    I asked and was told that they will both have RCA composite video outputs.
    Thank you so much Barry. Its good to have helpful people like you around

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Jan,
    The cameras of the Panasonic were the last options we had to work with ccd, cmos sensor now with the new release, we have to swallow the problems with rolling shutter?
    Thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by *PAULO* View Post
    The cameras of the Panasonic were the last options we had to work with ccd, cmos sensor now with the new release, we have to swallow the problems with rolling shutter?
    First, they are MOS sensors not CMOS, yes there is a difference. You can clock the MOS sensor a little faster, or so I am told, and due to structure, each pixel has a larger surface area for gathering images. The sensor used in these cameras are very good, it is the same sensor in the HPX370 which has very low skew. At this point though I think the HPX170 will continue in the product line as it iwill be the least expensive entry level P2 camera.

Best,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

9. Collapse Details
    when we can wait the working prototype ore pre--sales (mb pre-production) model ? mb august?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
    First, they are MOS sensors not CMOS, yes there is a difference. You can clock the MOS sensor a little faster, or so I am told, and due to structure, each pixel has a larger surface area for gathering images. The sensor used in these cameras are very good, it is the same sensor in the HPX370 which has very low skew. At this point though I think the HPX170 will continue in the product line as it iwill be the least expensive entry level P2 camera.

Best,

Jan
    Ok so it is indeed the EXACT same sensor in the HPX370.
    Cool.
    I must say that Panasonic has come out with my dream camera.
    I was thinking of moving the switch to HD but I didnt like the up/donwrezzed stuff everyone had at the time but now I get full raster chips in an ergonomic form factor i adore (and for a price I can manage).
    Thanks Pany!

One question: What f-stop are the lenses of these new cameras? With the same 21X zoom range I hope it also boasts a 1.6/1.8 aperture.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast